Pet Movies. Are they kidding?

Got this email this morning. Redbox is now offering pet-centric movies in a separate kiosk. April Fool's joke?

Capture.JPG Capture3.JPG

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Yes, if you click to look at more titles it says April Fool's. They give you .50 off your rental for playing along.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My dogs watch DogTV when we aren't home. It's great. They don't bark at sirens anymore, don't spazz over thunder storms, and don't get half as agitated over the doorbell, and are far calmer and less destructive. I recommend it. And that's no joke. But it is formulated programming to offer stimulation, relaxation and behavior conditioning.

The movie thing though is a joke.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My dogs watch DogTV when we aren't home. It's great. They don't bark at sirens anymore, don't spazz over thunder storms, and don't get half as agitated over the doorbell, and are far calmer and less destructive. I recommend it. And that's no joke. But it is formulated programming to offer stimulation, relaxation and behavior conditioning.

The movie thing though is a joke.

So, just like people, they sit there and become slack jawed, mouth breather, dorito eating lumps on the couch?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
So, just like people, they sit there and become slack jawed, mouth breather, dorito eating lumps on the couch?

Well duh, they are dogs. :lol:

But no, it has playtime and relax time along with the exposure stuff. I've watched with the dogs before, just to make sure there are no "kill your master" messages. When the music for play time comes on, one of the dogs grabs a toy or more and plays and another grabs a chew toy and so on. I think of it more as Sesame Street for dogs.

It's worth the few bucks a month IMHO.

https://dogtv.com/

Misfit

Lawful neutral
When I was a kid our dogs had to go out and play not sit in front of the T.V.

As long as they were in when the street lights came on of course.

bilbur

It's a different world now. It's dangerous out there.

This is also why dogs attack and cats have been known to get hooked on catnip, they mimic what they see on TV and movies. There needs to be some kind of animal rating system so puppies and kittens are not exposed to movies like Cujo or Pet Sematary. :cds:

CaneCorso

This is also why dogs attack and cats have been known to get hooked on catnip, they mimic what they see on TV and movies. There needs to be some kind of animal rating system so puppies and kittens are not exposed to movies like Cujo or Pet Sematary. :cds:

Nah, just make them watch Old Yeller if they misbehave....

:lmao:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I just saw on Facebook, that DogTV is free this week if you have DirectTV. Channel 354.

We stream DogTV, so I didn't see any advertisements.