Protecting and serving (by shooting victim in back)

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
He seems like a model copfuk, just doing his job, protecting and serving his community. He is charged with murder, but I'm sure he'll be found innocent of any wrong-doing.

It doesn't matter in the least that the copfuk was white and the victim was black, though some of you morons will think that it does.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm just seeing this on t.v. Was there any mention as to why the guy was running? All I heard was he was pulled over for a broken tail light.

DEEKAYPEE8569

He seems like a model copfuk, just doing his job, protecting and serving his community. He is charged with murder, but I'm sure he'll be found innocent of any wrong-doing.

It doesn't matter in the least that the copfuk was white and the victim was black, though some of you morons will think that it does.

I've seen the video, but I haven't heard nor read any other news. I counted 8 shots. How many times was the guy hit? I ask for a reason, but I'll be a cop-basher if I mention it. Was the runner armed? Did he adopt a threatening posture toward the officer? One in the leg would at least slow the fleeing individual. Six shots are unnecessary.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
from what I heard, the victim had a physical altercation with the officer and had taken his tazer

IMHO the cop was pissed the dude challenged his authority

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
FINALLY a real unwarranted shooting for you cop haters to get excited about.

And YAY! because this means ALL cops - every single last one of them - is a killer who shoots unarmed citizens for no reason! Hate all cops! All those bastards ever do is shoot people and kill them!

Right?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I One in the leg would at least slow the fleeing individual. Six shots are unnecessary.

What little I know about this incident, NO shots were warranted.

In any event, shooting a running person in the leg is NOT something reasonable to expect from a beat cop. It's a really tough shot for someone trained to do that and most officers get nowhere near the trigger time required to hit a BODY running away let alone a part of it. Plus, a shot in the leg can be just as fatal if you hit the femoral artery.

Rommey

I'm not going to defend the officer, but there are a few questions I would have:
1. What happened from the time the suspect fled his car to the time the video starts? I mean, did the suspect physically assault the officer prior to the video starting, which would naturally put the officer in a more defensive frame of mind?
2. The officer claimed he grabbed his taser, but its not clear if the suspect actually had the taser and could have been used on the officer.
3. The report asked a question if the suspect has already been tased and then started running. I don't think you can tell that from the video, but almost every video I seen of people getting tased...well not too many are able to stand, let alone run.
4. Did the officer already try to subdue the suspect and was unable to control him? He had reportedly already fled from the car and now was fleeing again.
5. A minor traffic violation and warrant for child support issues don't warrant deadly force, so I think important to know what transpired from the car to the field where the shooting took place.

DEEKAYPEE8569

What little I know about this incident, NO shots were warranted.

In any event, shooting a running person in the leg is NOT something reasonable to expect from a beat cop. It's a really tough shot for someone trained to do that and most officers get nowhere near the trigger time required to hit a BODY running away let alone a part of it. Plus, a shot in the leg can be just as fatal if you hit the femoral artery.

No, you're right. No shots were necessary. The guy was running away. Okay, I mis-spoke. If a suspect stupidly flees, chase him unless he turns and draws a gun and prepares to fire. Thing is, there are some LEO's that find it easier to shoot-to-stop rather than give chase. I'd just like to hear the cop's reason for firing. 'He wouldn't stop running.....' is NOT a good enough reason.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, you're right. No shots were necessary. The guy was running away. Okay, I mis-spoke. If a suspect stupidly flees, chase him unless he turns and draws a gun and prepares to fire. Thing is, there are some LEO's that find it easier to shoot-to-stop rather than give chase. I'd just like to hear the cop's reason for firing. 'He wouldn't stop running.....' is NOT a good enough reason.

Whether to shoot or not is a separate issue. No doubt the stress on cops is enormous and for every questionable or bad shooting there's probably 100's if not 1,000's where they made the right decision under awful stress. My main point was that you can just shoot people in their pinky toe, so to speak, with much accuracy let alone running, let alone under stress and most of the little shooting cops due is firing line, no stress, non dynamic situations because stress training in dynamic situations is dangerous and, we, the people, don't seem to demand that our officers are really good with their weapons AND stress thinking and decision making as well as accuracy.

:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I'd like to hear the reasons too. The one thing that always pops in my head is (because we have very little preceding the shooting) a fleeing suspect is always considered a threat to the community. Did the victim exhibit violence in a manner that made the cop believe the guy was a threat? All sorts of scenarios come to mind: escaping and breaking into a home taking hostages, carjacking to escape (and high-speed chase), threats to children in a nearby park...

Don't get me wrong... I am not even remotely defending this cop. But there has to be dozens of things going through the cop's mind that he has to evaluate in an instant before the guy gets away. Given what little we have in this video, it seems to cop made a horrendously bad choice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'd like to hear the reasons too. The one thing that always pops in my head is (because we have very little preceding the shooting) a fleeing suspect is always considered a threat to the community. .

So is Deputy Can't Hit The Broad Side of a Barn popping off 8-10 rounds. :shrug:

PsyOps

Pixelated
So is Deputy Can't Hit The Broad Side of a Barn popping off 8-10 rounds. :shrug:

Looks like he was hit to me. He did go down. I'm not seeing your point.

You're not going to get disagreement with me that this appears to be a wrongful shooting.

Chris0nllyn

$5 says he does not get convicted.

He will claim the man was a danger to society if he continued to run away, and based on case law (TN v. Garner) that is a legitimate defense.

Of course questioning actions of officers and the system in place to protect those bad actions makes people "cop haters".