They're Back!!!!

R

rhenderson

Which area of So MD are you in? Have a feeder for the last few days but have not seen anyone return yet. I'm in La Plata.

idiganthro

Do any of you feel that you have fewer hummingbirds than normal this year? I only see one at the feeder occasionally. In years past there have been several buzzing about and chasing each other away. I know the bluebird population was decimated by the winter and I was wondering if a late frost hurt affected early arrivers?

Grumpy

Do any of you feel that you have fewer hummingbirds than normal this year? I only see one at the feeder occasionally. In years past there have been several buzzing about and chasing each other away. I know the bluebird population was decimated by the winter and I was wondering if a late frost hurt affected early arrivers?

Can't really tell til mid-June. They always dribble in late April/early May, then most disappear for 3 to 4 weeks, then come back in droves early to mid June. Haven't noticed this spring being any different than years past.

idiganthro

Can't really tell til mid-June. They always dribble in late April/early May, then most disappear for 3 to 4 weeks, then come back in droves early to mid June. Haven't noticed this spring being any different than years past.

Good to know, thanks!

NextJen

Raisin cane

I have been a little worried about them over the last week or so. We saw a few of them arrive (Mid-April) on schedule. We only get about 3 or 4 that show up. But over the last week or so I have not seen them. I don't recall them disappearing like Grumpy points out, but I hope that is what it is and they come back.

SoapLady

I'm in Charlotte Hall....we had about 5 or so 3 weeks ago....but since seems only one is regularly coming to the feeders.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm happy to report that our hummingbirds are showing up again at the feeders. I've seen them both in the Dunkirk area and in Port Tobacco.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
down in dowell , i had one weeks ago, scout probably and nothing since ;-((((((((((((((((( also blue birds haven't been here to nest.

luvmygdaughters

We had the hummingbirds in late May this year, still coming around, we have feeders and honeysuckle in the yard. Plenty of Blue Jays too. We're in Leonardtown.

NextJen

Raisin cane
Has anyone seen any hummingbirds yet this year? I have feeders out in Owings and in Port Tobacco. So far - nothing.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Haven't seen any yet out here, but then again for some reason there aren't any leaves on the trees either.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Do you ever see (or hear) any bob whites up where you live?

Come to think of it, nope can't say I have. But I hear a crap load of whippoorwills, owls, woodpeckers, turkeys and a bunch I can't identify.