Lilly Pulitzer

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't think I've ever swarmed a store for ANY fashion item, much less a clothing line like that! :lol: Too girl-girl, busy and pastel looking for me, anyway!

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Saw it on the local news this morning too. Apparently it broke the internet over the weekend. Really? I don't get it.

Beta

Smile!
Make random pattern. Add random colors. Sell for money.

Hmm doesn't sound that hard. :shrug:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
To me it's typical Southern beach style that I haven't worn since moving up here. The further north, the style becomes more conservative and less colorful. I think I still have some summer pieces I love that I still wear on occasion and somebody always makes a snide comment about how colorful I am that day. :ohwell:

However, knowing Southern boutiques, I double-checked prices. A shift dress that sells in a Lilly Pulitzer boutique goes for around $200. On Target a very similar shift dress is going for around $40. That right there is reason to sell-out and break the internet. I'd buy it too and sell it.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Lily Pulitzer is a favorite among young hipsters. There are a few things I find cute, but the target collection as so limited, the appeal was to a very specific group. I'm betting target purposely under bought to create this "sellout" they do that when they have guest designers. Makes the hipsters happy to know they got something that sold out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cute cute cute! Too young and hipster for me, but I love beachy heiress-wear and girls who can pull off that look are adorable. :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Lily Pulitzer is a favorite among young hipsters. There are a few things I find cute, but the target collection as so limited, the appeal was to a very specific group. I'm betting target purposely under bought to create this "sellout" they do that when they have guest designers. Makes the hipsters happy to know they got something that sold out.

That's exactly what they did.

I love Lily Pulitzer...not all of her patterns, and not all of her clothing, but I think it's fun. It's a huge boutique up north with the whole 'the Hamptons' and 'Martha's Vineyards' crowds. Any girl that has some money has some Lily Pulitzer. It's very preppy and fairly conservative in the dress cuts...mostly just shift dresses. The clothing line has also been around for decades, I believe she only recently passed but she's been designing these same colorful shift dresses since the 70s.

Mig, go to the CT shoreline...you'll fit right in :smile:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Saw a blurb on the news this morning about flocks of people -- mostly women -- swarming Target stores for Lilly Pulitzer clothing. Having never heard of the name/ brand, I decided to look it up.

Really?? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/16/how-to-wear-lilly-pulitzer-for-target_n_7082084.html

A friend of mine in Kansas was one of the masses getting that stuff. She posted her loot on FB and I wasn't impressed with the clothes. Definitely not something that warranted Black Friday like chaos.

Restless

Our daughter is very much the preppy type and bought herself a Lilly dress for college graduation. She also was at Target bright and early for the debut of their dresses. Sold out in minutes!

Daughter likes the style because Lilly designed dresses like these for Jackie Kennedy back in the day. I think she sees it as a time in our past when ladies were ladies and dressed like it.