Calvert Cliffs 4/19

dgates80

Land of the lost
Went at sunrise Sunday morning. Got 8 trout, was able to release most of them. Power bait on a 18 inch 2lb test leader. The fish were hitting so much that I did not use 2nd pole for first two hours, it was cast, fish on in less than 5 min, revive and release, tie hook, cast..... Nice! Not crowds either.

Calvert was stocked last Friday.

Midnightrider

Went at sunrise Sunday morning. Got 8 trout, was able to release most of them. Power bait on a 18 inch 2lb test leader. The fish were hitting so much that I did not use 2nd pole for first two hours, it was cast, fish on in less than 5 min, revive and release, tie hook, cast..... Nice! Not crowds either.

Calvert was stocked last Friday.
We went Saturday afternoon and did pretty well. They were hitting powerbait and the surface. But I couldn't get one to hit my spinners....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
4/20

I got to the pond around 2pm. I used a castmaster spoon to catch 8 trout including a nice, fat 15 incher. I saw 1 other trout caught. After that I broke out the fly pole and caught a bunch of bluegill with a pheasant tail nymph. Excellent weather.

Midnightrider

I got to the pond around 2pm. I used a castmaster spoon to catch 8 trout including a nice, fat 15 incher. I saw 1 other trout caught. After that I broke out the fly pole and caught a bunch of bluegill with a pheasant tail nymph. Excellent weather.

Color on the spoon?

RPMDAD

used to love my old fly rod with a mickey fin on it sadly the rod was snapped over the years. I was no expert but there was something zen like about fly fishing, i just zoned everything else out. sadly have never replaced the rod. ps it wasnt a super high dollar rig, and i was not a pro fly fisherman, just really enjoyed it.