Does Anybody Else Follow NHRA Drag Racing?

DEEKAYPEE8569

.....or just me?
Well, to be honest, I haven't followed this season all that closely; missed the first five events since I kinda 'inherited' Dad's to-do list(s).

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Who in drag is racing who in drag, and why are they dragging? Gator Nationals in March is a hoot.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This is the only time I care;

[video=youtube;elfrb181oaI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elfrb181oaI[/video]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
drag racing.jpg

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
.....or just me?
Well, to be honest, I haven't followed this season all that closely; missed the first five events since I kinda 'inherited' Dad's to-do list(s).

I use to follow it really close... seeing that I use to work on one of the cars. :lol:

but cant say that I have been able to watch a race this year

I don't sit down to watch anymore. But I will look up the results after the race weekend is over. If they had a short show that just showed each run and blew past all the slow parts, I'd watch that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I used to be a huge fan of drag racing but lost interest over the years and ended up enjoying off-road sports like desert racing, rock crawlin, 4x4 MX, etc more.

DEEKAYPEE8569

It's boring as hell on television. Drag racing, you have to be there. The US Nationals is the only race I watch anymore.

I disagree. I get as much out of watching the events on TV as I would if I was there; minus the sunburn. I've been to enough events where I've wound up in pain the following week.
I don't need to smell nitro and burning rubber. I know what they smell like. 'sides that, at home, I can pause the TV to grab a snack, etc. and not miss anything.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I disagree. I get as much out of watching the events on TV as I would if I was there; minus the sunburn. I've been to enough events where I've wound up in pain the following week.
I don't need to smell nitro and burning rubber. I know what they smell like. 'sides that, at home, I can pause the TV to grab a snack, etc. and not miss anything.

At least ESPN shows some of the races live now.