New home and getting rid of old

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
So I am in the middle of:

Moving out of a rental

Evicting someone in my home, then selling it

Moving into a new home we bought

Besides a few drinks and some valium, I also need some recommendations because we are overwhelmed and their aren't enough hours in the day.

Fence co ( I called Massey but wanted another one or two for quote comparison)

A handyman/gutter cleaner/ yard clean up (rental needs the yard mowed, bushes trimmed and gutters cleaned)

Junk removal (house has some stuff left over by tenant in the yard that needs hauled off)

Septic company (need someone to pump the septic at old place)

alarm company (house has existing equipment but needs upgrade and monitoring)

I can trade the name of a great drywall repair guy who did an awesome job for me last week :cheers:

SamSpade

We've had fences done by Long, and Massey. We prefer Massey - they've been great. They've honored quotes given YEARS earlier, and repaired fences they installed that were destroyed by trees felled by hurricanes. One fence, they put up in the dead of winter, in ankle-deep snow. Why? Because they promised to do it then.

C & C septic has been great to us - inexpensive, efficient, quality work and they've been doing it a long time. They've always done a good job.

JeJeTe

Happiness
So I am in the middle of:

Moving out of a rental

Evicting someone in my home, then selling it

Moving into a new home we bought

Besides a few drinks and some valium, I also need some recommendations because we are overwhelmed and their aren't enough hours in the day.

A handyman/gutter cleaner/ yard clean up (rental needs the yard mowed, bushes trimmed and gutters cleaned)

Junk removal (house has some stuff left over by tenant in the yard that needs hauled off)

alarm company (house has existing equipment but needs upgrade and monitoring)

I can trade the name of a great drywall repair guy who did an awesome job for me last week :cheers:

I feel some of you pain. Trying to get my house ready to rent and possibly finding a renter, packing to move, and then getting the bf's house ready for us to move into. Alcohol will get us through. :cheers:

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I feel some of you pain. Trying to get my house ready to rent and possibly finding a renter, packing to move, and then getting the bf's house ready for us to move into. Alcohol will get us through. :cheers:

Amen.

I did find a few good folks and a few awful ones. Massey is great, as is Thomas fence (it was hard to choose between the two). I found a great guy for drywall and the green machine carpet cleaner guy down here is awesome. however, tri county glass and A &M both blew off calls back as well as appts to come do estimates. Also, don't pay someone off of craigslist to do your yard. Even when they do a great job, they can still throw a rock with the weedeater into your sliding glass door and shatter it...and of course don't have insurance to have it fixed. I TOLD SO to go with a licensed "real" company...but he didn't listen. So now we are looking for a glass repair place too :bawl:

We are still evaluating alarm systems and have gotten some stupid high quotes for monitoring. What a racket!

its settling down now but the money I have spent lately on home stuff and home services is fricken unreal. :nomoney:

KingFish

Nothing to see here
I have a fence that Massey put up around the back yard. I called him and asked about a quote for a smaller fence around my pond. He said he had material left from an old job that would work great and would give me a quote the next day. Never heard back from him. I am guessing the job was too small for him.