Army in Red High Heels

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Army forces ROTC cadets to wear high heels
Cadet Command says it is not to blame

Great strides, so to speak, are being made in the US military’s jihad against sexual assault.

Army ROTC cadets are complaining on message boards that they were pressured to walk in high heels on Monday for an Arizona State University campus event designed to raise awareness of sexual violence against women.

The Army openly encouraged participating in April’s “Walk A Mile in Her Shoes” events in 2014, but now it appears as though ROTC candidates at ASU were faced with a volunteer event that became mandatory.

This, to put it charitably, is freakin insane.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
They did this stupid event every year when I was in college. I got in a heated argument with a professor one semester because I voiced my opinion that it was stupid. That, and the "shanty town" thing they did to raise awareness of homelessness. A bunch of pampered, rich catholic kids getting wasted in cardboard boxes, in the quad of a beautiful and expensive university, to raise "awareness" is just too ridiculous for me to condone. Same with a bunch of frat boys putting on heels and taking shots to pretend to give a rat's ass about an overhyped issue. College is dumb.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Participating is fine. Hell, they could even wear high heels in their PT gear if they wanted. The uniform is something entirely different.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Participating is fine. Hell, they could even wear high heels in their PT gear if they wanted. The uniform is something entirely different.

did you see the screen shot of the conversation where participation was Mandatory

sockgirl77

Yes I did. Still doesn't make it right. If I recall correctly it's called "Uniform Regulations", not "Uniform Suggestions."

JFC. It's for a damn charity. I fail to see the problem with this. It's not like the soldiers will turn gay from wearing heels. Damn the military for forcing them to be charitable human beings. :rolleyes: