ah, Southern Maryland....no place like home.....

GregV814

so, I was on the road and stopped by Booger King to get a quick sandwich....as I approached the soda machine, standing behind a large woman, she was washing her hands with the ice she had just dispensed from the machine.....how nice.....
HOPEFULLY she was not returning from the commode.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
She probably wasn't washing her hands, she was wetting them for traction. I do it all the time if my hands are dry because otherwise the full cup will slide right out of my hand and end up on the floor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
so, I was on the road and stopped by Booger King to get a quick sandwich....as I approached the soda machine, standing behind a large woman, she was washing her hands with the ice she had just dispensed from the machine.....how nice.....
HOPEFULLY she was not returning from the commode.

She was preparing to "cold slap" you if you made any untoward remark. ;-p

DEEKAYPEE8569

She probably wasn't washing her hands, she was wetting them for traction. I do it all the time if my hands are dry because otherwise the full cup will slide right out of my hand and end up on the floor.

.....but it's funny where some folks' minds go, isn't it? I would have guessed soda or soda syrup; then again, one can go to the bathroom to rinse/wash one's hands.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
.....but it's funny where some folks' minds go, isn't it? I would have guessed soda or soda syrup; then again, one can go to the bathroom to rinse/wash one's hands.

I've done that before, too: gotten some sticky on my hands because the soda fountain is a wreck, so I wet them with ice and dry with a napkin.

SG_Player1974

Once you get to the age of 5 or 6..... you can carry yourself to the bathroom to wash your hands.

Leave the soda machine ice for the drinks! :yay:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I've done that before, too: gotten some sticky on my hands because the soda fountain is a wreck, so I wet them with ice and dry with a napkin.

Makes sense. It's right there. I wouldn't think anyone who see's a person do this is assuming he/she just came from the toilet, buuuut.....we do live in different times now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Makes sense. It's right there. I wouldn't think anyone who see's a person do this is assuming he/she just came from the toilet, buuuut.....we do live in different times now.

I don't think of it as "washing", it's just "wetting". I don't see what the big deal is. :shrug:

But then, people look for excuses to bitch so this is just one more of those things.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
When I worked at Applebee’s, the fry cook would write messages on the wall in the walk-in with tomato brisket soup. Anyone want to guess what he used as his quill?

Bon Appétit!

stgislander

PREMO Member
When I worked at Applebee’s, the fry cook would write messages on the wall in the walk-in with tomato brisket soup. Anyone want to guess what he used as his quill?

Bon Appétit!

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. :buddies:

DEEKAYPEE8569

I don't think of it as "washing", it's just "wetting". I don't see what the big deal is. :shrug:

But then, people look for excuses to bitch so this is just one more of those things.

I don't see it either. Just as long as the person doesn't try to put the ice back in the machine. I myself have taken a few ice cubes/crushed ice from the machine just to wash soda syrup off.

As for those people who just look for stuff to bitch about.....I want to get a T-shirt made that says, in BIIIG letters, 'DON'T LIKE IT? DON'T LOOK!' On the front and the back.

GregV814

Yes, of course....what was I thinking...that makes it so sanitary.....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yes, of course....what was I thinking...that makes it so sanitary.....

What part of a community soda fountain do you think is sanitary? Or a community anything, for that matter.

Do you ever get loose rolls or donuts out of the case at the grocery store? Want me to tell you what I saw some kid do at Superfresh once?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Even "clean" ice is dirty.

No one ever cleans the mold out of those machines.
This. In addition to water coolers (at work for example), cheese and chili at 7-11, Slurpee and soda machines. We ingest bacteria every day. For the most part, it won't hurt you.

stgislander

PREMO Member
This. In addition to water coolers (at work for example), cheese and chili at 7-11, Slurpee and soda machines. We ingest bacteria every day. For the most part, it won't hurt you.

Uhhh... don't forget the chocolate bacteria fountain at Golden Corral.

FED_UP

Interesting, never heard of this technique, so now my $00.02. My first thought was what if she just jacked or jerked Ricky, now the bottom of my cup may have bodily fluids on it since I sat the cup down while catching my ice. This could make fox 5 news, um calling it in.