Sharia leads to abuse of women in Britain

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Report: Sharia leads to abuse of women in Britain

There has been a growing impulse among muslims living in America to establish sharia courts. This is not surprising. Wherever Islam exists as a minority religion, its followers eschew cultural assimilation and seek to keep 8th century practices originating in the Arabia desert as their cultural norm. Take, for instance, the suppression of free speech in Dearborn, Michigan, because blasphemy. The attempt by muslim students to prevent the showing of the film American Sniper. And rape as a team sport in the British city of Rotherham. Several US states have sought to ban sharia, but these laws have been overturned, in some cases, and the proponents ridiculed as a phobe-du-jour (I lose track of the phobias that underlie any disagreement with liberal orthodoxy). The argument runs to the effect that sharia law would not be used in criminal cases, it would only be used in cases of arbitration where all parties agreed to the rules to be used.

Contrary to what critics would have you believe, this is not an inconsequential problem. For proof of that we need only look at Britain where sharia courts have taken over predominantly muslim communities and have essentially eradicated an vestiges of Western concepts of justice or equality.

In 1996, in a virtual surrender to political correctness, Britain passed the Arbitration Act. This allowed civil disputes to be decided under sharia law and the sharia court findings would be enforceable by British courts. Now a report has been compiled by a member of the British House of Lords, Baroness Caroline Cox. The report, titled “A Parallel World: Confronting the Abuse of Many Muslim Women in Britain Today,” shows how women under sharia are just as much an abused underclass in Britain as they would be in any other godforsaken, Third World, Islamic craphole.

Hijinx

Report: Sharia leads to abuse of women in Britain

There has been a growing impulse among muslims living in America to establish sharia courts. This is not surprising. Wherever Islam exists as a minority religion, its followers eschew cultural assimilation and seek to keep 8th century practices originating in the Arabia desert as their cultural norm. Take, for instance, the suppression of free speech in Dearborn, Michigan, because blasphemy. The attempt by muslim students to prevent the showing of the film American Sniper. And rape as a team sport in the British city of Rotherham. Several US states have sought to ban sharia, but these laws have been overturned, in some cases, and the proponents ridiculed as a phobe-du-jour (I lose track of the phobias that underlie any disagreement with liberal orthodoxy). The argument runs to the effect that sharia law would not be used in criminal cases, it would only be used in cases of arbitration where all parties agreed to the rules to be used.

Contrary to what critics would have you believe, this is not an inconsequential problem. For proof of that we need only look at Britain where sharia courts have taken over predominantly muslim communities and have essentially eradicated an vestiges of Western concepts of justice or equality.

In 1996, in a virtual surrender to political correctness, Britain passed the Arbitration Act. This allowed civil disputes to be decided under sharia law and the sharia court findings would be enforceable by British courts. Now a report has been compiled by a member of the British House of Lords, Baroness Caroline Cox. The report, titled “A Parallel World: Confronting the Abuse of Many Muslim Women in Britain Today,” shows how women under sharia are just as much an abused underclass in Britain as they would be in any other godforsaken, Third World, Islamic craphole.

If people come to this country and want the laws they had in their old country, They should sell everything they have a buy a f**king ticket back to where they came from.

Any American who believes they should have the right to Sharia laws should go back with them.

We have already carried this diversity and PC BS too far .
Ebglish should be our language and all legal papers should be in English and we should NOT have to push a button to get English spoken on our phones.

Hijinx

Oh please. English occurs in the SAME sentence two more times, and the B is next to the N.
I recognize the irony, but I can't stand grammar and spelling police.

Yes a typo. I am sure that liberty POS never made one in his entire posting career.
He is not really a grammar police or spelling police person, he just cannot sleep if he does not make some sh1tty remark about my post.

It may be ironic to some that it came on the word English.
No problem
I stick with that opinion. If you want Sharia law, go back to where they have it. America does not need you here.
If you believe we need the diversity offered by 9th. century thugs and if you feel so politically correct that we should offer to change our laws to appease them, you should go back there with them. Especially the women who want to wear Burka's , be beaten, and stoned to death.
To my thinking any woman who wants Sharia law is insane.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It seems the issue here is the limits of arbitration. Further, the roots of this are, once again, here as there, business interests seeking cheap labor.