Tom Brady skips White House ceremony

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
And is branded a RACIST. By Stephen A. Smith, of all people. The guy who called Chip Kelly a racist. The guy to told his co-host, "n166a, please". Seems he's bucking for a spot once Either Al or Jesse retire. Everything he sees, is through the lens of color. Don't google the words 'Stephen a. smith' & 'rant' because you will cause the internet to implode.

Here's 1 of his quotes:
As far as I’m concerned when it comes to racism, me personally, I’m sick and tired of black folks talking about it. White folks need to talk about it. Who the hell is black and don’t know anything about racism? If you really wanna learn about racism, rather than black folks complaining, why don’t you gather a bunch of white folks in a white neighborhood, let them mingle together and tell us why they feel how they feel. That’s how you learn. Because we already know where we stand.”

Angry black guy rant

mamatutu

mama to two
It was reported as Brady having a family commitment. How dare he put family first instead of going to the WH. My first thought was if he didn't show for a different reason other than family, it would be for political reasons/beliefs, or his disagreement with the Obama admin policies. It never crossed my mind that it was a show of racism because Brady didn't attend. I guess I am not racist, after all! :yahoo:

PeoplesElbow

Like the idiot said this would have been Bradys fourth time, maybe he just thought it was boring and a waste of his time.

Ummm... does Mr. Smith not realize that the Apple Watch was coming out the following day? So, obviously, Mr. Brady had more important things to concern himself with than visiting the White House.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Ummm... does Mr. Smith not realize that the Apple Watch was coming out the following day? So, obviously, Mr. Brady had more important things to concern himself with than visiting the White House.

Gotta admit, even the stupidity of the apple watch that needs a cell phone is more important than meeting the messiah at the WH.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Smith gets paid for saying stuff. Stuff that draws traffic. He is getting a response. Mission accomplished.
You can't be a sports commentator and not at least take note when one of the leading figures in sport skips the white house and had not skipped it before.

The proper response here is to have Smith on my show and I'll ask him "So do you think Brady hates all black people including his team mates, little kids, Bill Cosby, Clarence Thomas or just some black people?"

Now all I need is a show...

PsyOps

Pixelated
Gotta admit, even the stupidity of the apple watch that needs a cell phone is more important than meeting the messiah at the WH.

Now see, I don't let my politics get in the way of recognizing the significance the position, the WH, the Oval Office, etc… I would consider it an honor to be invited to the WH, even if it is from a president I have huge disagreements with. These events are planned way in advanced and Brady could have changed his ‘family commitment’ (unless, of course, it was a funeral or something like that).

Now I don’t consider it racist at all. I just don’t see Brady that way. But I do think it was pretty disrespectful to not go. Disrespectful to the Office and to his team.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Smith gets paid for saying stuff. Stuff that draws traffic. He is getting a response. Mission accomplished.
You can't be a sports commentator and not at least take note when one of the leading figures in sport skips the white house and had not skipped it before.

The proper response here is to have Smith on my show and I'll ask him "So do you think Brady hates all black people including his team mates, little kids, Bill Cosby, Clarence Thomas or just some black people?"

Now all I need is a show...

:yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
Now see, I don't let my politics get in the way of recognizing the significance the position, the WH, the Oval Office, etc… I would consider it an honor to be invited to the WH, even if it is from a president I have huge disagreements with. These events are planned way in advanced and Brady could have changed his ‘family commitment’ (unless, of course, it was a funeral or something like that).

Now I don’t consider it racist at all. I just don’t see Brady that way. But I do think it was pretty disrespectful to not go. Disrespectful to the Office and to his team.

Yeah, I don't consider it racist, but I think if he POTUS invites you to the White House, you should go. He's part of a team. This brings unnecessary (negative) attention to the team. Geez.

CrashTest

It's also a great honor to be voted into the Pro Bowl but Brady always fakes injury to get out of doing that. Maybe he just doesn't like hanging out with the folks he works with while he's on vacation. Go figure.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
It's also a great honor to be voted into the Pro Bowl but Brady always fakes injury to get out of doing that. Maybe he just doesn't like hanging out with the folks he works with while he's on vacation. Go figure.

If I was paying his salary I'd tell him to fake an injury to not play in the Pro Bowl.. Meaningless game, with the possibility of getting injured
.. when a defensive player gets a free shot when he's not as protected as he usually is??

No way.. FLOP, take a dive, DO NOT PLAY!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
These events are planned way in advanced and Brady could have changed his ‘family commitment’

He went to his parent's anniversary party. I'm sure they celebrated that event on the same date that they got married 50 years ago.

Several other players didn't go to the event but weren't mentioned as being racist or being disrespectful to the president. Guess why they weren't called out as being racists.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
These events are planned way in advanced and Brady could have changed his ‘family commitment’

Yeah, how rude of his parents to get married on a day when a future president might want to hold a meet and greet 50 years later. Who the hell do they think they are?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I feel differently about it (surprise surprise). I don't think celebrities or athletes or anyone should have to jump to attention when the POTUS snaps his fingers. Who is he to expect everyone to do his bidding and come kiss his ass when summoned?

That goes for any president, not just this particular one. Although this particular president is a notorious celebrity whore who loves to hobnob with famous people, so he's a bit worse than the others.

Tom Brady's parents are more important to him than Barack Obama is, and that is as it should be.

PsyOps

Pixelated
He went to his parent's anniversary party. I'm sure they celebrated that event on the same date that they got married 50 years ago.

Yeah, how rude of his parents to get married on a day when a future president might want to hold a meet and greet 50 years later. Who the hell do they think they are?

These events are planned way in advanced and Brady could have changed his ‘family commitment’ (unless, of course, it was a funeral or something like that).

Geez people!

Bann

PREMO Member

Several other players didn't go to the event but weren't mentioned as being racist or being disrespectful to the president. Guess why they weren't called out as being racists.

Well, that makes a difference. :lol: I didnt read why he didn't go. :forshameonme: