Violent Crime Dropped By 30%

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Norway Just Deported 824 Muslims

Despite all the liberals in Norway deeming this “racist”, the logical party went ahead with it and the result almost shut down every opposing voice in the government instantly. This is one of the best stories we have eve seen come from such a liberal area of the world.

That’s right, whopping 30%, and it’s all because a couple of politicians decided to enforce the laws that they already had. What a world we live in where that is a shocking thing to do in a government.

Norwegian authority claims that 824 people were deported in October, for such a small country, that’s a record breaking number. The authorities attributed the change to “portfolio priorities” which have essentially made it easier to deport people back to Nigeria & Afghanistan.

121460-sydney-riot.gif.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
And once again the right-wingnuts are distorting fact to support their ideology of hate and intolerance.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/norway-targets-muslims-for-deportation-crime-rate-drops/

Now, lets talk about reporting, and wordsmithing. When you have to massage your wording this hard, that sets bell ringing.

"but it’s not true that all of them had ties to Muslim extremist groups, as the eRumor claims. In truth, less than one-third of Norway’s immigrants have come from predominately Muslim countries."

AS if only people from predominantly Muslim countries can be part of extremist groups, but even more importantly, you do not have to be part of an extremist Muslim group to be a Muslim who commits violent crime. Especially if your culture doesnt recognize the acts as violent crimes, like honor killings, or genital mutilations of young girls, or killing/attacking those who offend Muslims by saying things you don't like.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Dozens of hits on right wing conservative websites repeating the same rumor. Nothing from any legitimate news sources.

I live in Norway..built a home there....it's my second home..since 1990. My oldest Norwegian son will turn 22 in July. So....Mo...what are you going to explain to me about your expertise on how Norwegians feel about the influx of radical Muslims.

I live in Norway..built a home there....it's my second home..since 1990. My oldest Norwegian son will turn 22 in July. So....Mo...what are you going to explain to me about your expertise on how Norwegians feel about the influx of radical Muslims.

I just think the story has been embellished.

tommyjo

Dozens of hits on right wing conservative websites repeating the same rumor. Nothing from any legitimate news sources.

Easiest and quickest way to debunk the majority of junk GRUPS posts. Look for confirmation...generally all you will find is the exact same story (with the exact same wording) on a group of unknown sites. You'll rarely find the story on a credible site.

Easiest and quickest way to debunk the majority of junk GRUPS posts. Look for confirmation...generally all you will find is the exact same story (with the exact same wording) on a group of unknown sites. You'll rarely find the story on a credible site.

If you Google any quoted sentence from this story, several right wing sites have the exact same wording. I just don't believe the narrative being put forth by the conservative extremists.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return

Appeal to authority logical fallacy much?

SamSpade

That doesn't mean it is wrong - only that more established (read: well known) websites do not carry the story, which as we've seen OFTEN in recent years is no guarantor of TRUTH; just because sources such as the NYT or WashPost carry a story does not mean it is altogether or even partially true.

Admittedly, I do the same thing, especially if the sole sources are ONLY sources known for their political bias - left OR right. Yes, I check stories on the right as well - twenty years of reading stuff on the Web, it's embarrassing to cite something as true that which is easily proven false.

While it's wise to corroborate a story that doesn't sound right, it is unwise to dismiss it when corroboration isn't found. LACK of evidence isn't proof.

It's hard to fault larger sites such as CNN or the major networks because they did NOT carry every story imaginable, because lots of credible stories will never grace their pages, true or false.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Credible? Care to give us a list of 'credible sites'? But I wonder why these so-called 'credible sites' don't report on this stuff? Perhaps because it doesn't fit THEIR narrative/political agenda? Is that what you call credible? NOT reporting on something? Credible would be for these 'credible sites' to refute it with counter-evidence.

You posting this debunks nothing; well, except for what little credibility you have.

That doesn't mean it is wrong - only that more established (read: well known) websites do not carry the story, which as we've seen OFTEN in recent years is no guarantor of TRUTH; just because sources such as the NYT or WashPost carry a story does not mean it is altogether or even partially true.

Admittedly, I do the same thing, especially if the sole sources are ONLY sources known for their political bias - left OR right. Yes, I check stories on the right as well - twenty years of reading stuff on the Web, it's embarrassing to cite something as true that which is easily proven false.

While it's wise to corroborate a story that doesn't sound right, it is unwise to dismiss it when corroboration isn't found. LACK of evidence isn't proof.

It's hard to fault larger sites such as CNN or the major networks because they did NOT carry every story imaginable, because lots of credible stories will never grace their pages, true or false.

I realize that stories like this are "red meat" to folks on the right, but I'm just not going to believe everything I read on the internet. I would like to see a more credible news source (CNN, WSJ, NYT, NBC, CBS, ABC) report on this. The original story first appeared on the American right-wing website Political Ears http://www.politicalears.com/blog/is-anybody-surprised-norway-deports-muslims-crime-rate-drops-31/ in November of last year. Since then, it has just been repeated on many more right wing sites. The story doesn't even have a by-line, and doesn't cite sources.

Here's another story from Political Ears as a good example of their "reporting." http://www.politicalears.com/blog/f...hook-was-exercise-misreported-created-crisis/

Last edited: