Have you ever heard this term?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What does it mean, Monello? Please enlighten those of us not from Joisey!

It's a knit cap; what you'd put on when you were a kid and your mom said, "It's cold out so wear a hat." I'm going to try to remember to start calling them goobalinis. That's a great word!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Is that what you two call 'it' :jet:

I'm never stopping in Jersey for those again :dead:

We just finished up watching all the seasons of the Sopranos. They reference that pastry many times and they even call Christopher's daughter that. So it's a term of endearment. And if made right, a pretty awesome dessert.

Here's a recipe

Monello

PREMO Member
goobalini is the term used in a very specific region of northern new jersey (nutley, to be exact) to describe a tight stocking cap that sits above the ears and is topped by a pom pom. it is thought to have evolved form the italian word cupola, meaning a small dome that sits atop a building.

website

Monello

PREMO Member
I don't have a pom pom on mine. That's for girls. :doh:

I guess Stan didn't get the memo.

stanmarsh.png

lucky_bee

RBF expert
We just finished up watching all the seasons of the Sopranos. They reference that pastry many times and they even call Christopher's daughter that. So it's a term of endearment. And if made right, a pretty awesome dessert.

Here's a recipe

mmm If I had a choice in my last breakfast I'd ever have...it'd be a fresh, warm one of those with a cappuccino :dance:

I never knew it was a term of 'endearment' :killingme Pretty sure my mother has used it as a PG-version of ass-hole while getting all Italian crazy on my menacing brothers. :talkingwithmyhands:

Monello

PREMO Member
I never knew it was a term of 'endearment' :killingme Pretty sure my mother has used it as a PG-version of ass-hole while getting all Italian crazy on my menacing brothers. :talkingwithmyhands:

In season 6 of the Sopranos, in the eposide called Kennedy & Heidi, Carmela says this to Christopher's daughter Caitlin. Oh, you little shfooyadell.