Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Freddie Gray/Charges

  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    What are you advocating? The police should have no rights? Who would be the "independent" investigator? Another jurisdiction. A non-police entity?
    I'm not protesting their right to counsel. Everyone has that right.

    The prosecutor? The same one that routinely works with the department and likely the officer their are interviewing? Yea. Super independent.

    I'm advocating the police have the same rights as everyone else and not have a special set of rules and procedures largely out of the view fo the public eye. A civilian review board would be a start, but MD's LEOBoR prohibits that.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  2. #112
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    I'm not protesting their right to counsel. Everyone has that right.

    The prosecutor? The same one that routinely works with the department and likely the officer their are interviewing? Yea. Super independent. (Yea, like Marilyn Mosbey)

    I'm advocating the police have the same rights as everyone else and not have a special set of rules and procedures largely out of the view fo the public eye. A civilian review board would be a start, but MD's LEOBoR prohibits that.
    So tell me who does the investigation when someone is doing something out of policy at the place you work? Do they get an independent person to come from somewhere else? If not, why not? If so, why is it you believe your employer can be fair but for some reason you believe police officers are incapable of being unbiased?

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    So tell me who does the investigation when someone is doing something out of policy at the place you work? Do they get an independent person to come from somewhere else? If not, why not? If so, why is it you believe your employer can be fair but for some reason you believe police officers are incapable of being unbiased?
    Yes, an independent person does an investigation at my job if there is a complaint against me.

    If police officers are unbiased, why the need for a special bill of rights dictating how internal investigations with other officers go?
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  4. #114
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    Yes, an independent person does an investigation at my job if there is a complaint against me.

    If police officers are unbiased, why the need for a special bill of rights dictating how internal investigations with other officers go?
    Is the independent person from another entity?

  5. #115
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    If police officers are unbiased, why the need for a special bill of rights dictating how internal investigations with other officers go?
    Because police work is unique in that any time they are interrogated by their employer they may be subject to arrest depending on the findings of that investigation.

  6. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    Is the independent person from another entity?
    No.

    Quote Originally Posted by tom88 View Post
    Because police work is unique in that any time they are interrogated by their employer they may be subject to arrest depending on the findings of that investigation.
    And if I beat up one of my fellow employees, am I not subject to arrest after our internal investigation? That's not unique to police.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

  7. #117
    Registered User
    Member Since
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0nllyn View Post
    No.

    Why is it good for the cops but not you?
    And if I beat up one of my fellow employees, am I not subject to arrest after our internal investigation? That's not unique to police.
    No. If you are accused by your employer for beating someone up, unless you are a police officer nobody can arrest you as a result of your employers investigation. If your employer believes you are lying to him, you can't be criminally charged for that unless you are a police officer.

Members who have read this thread: 49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search:     Advanced Search
Search HELP

| Home | Help | Contact Us | About somd.com | Privacy | Advertising | Sponsors | Newsletter |

| What's New | What's Cool | Top Rated | Add A Link | Mod a Link |

| Announcements | Bookstore | Cafe | Calendar | Classifieds | Community |
| Culture | Dating | Dining | Education | Employment | Entertainment |
| Forums | Free E-Mail | Games | Gear! | Government | Guestbook | Health | Marketplace | Mortgage | News |
| Organizations | Photos | Real Estate | Relocation | Sports | Survey | Travel | Wiki | Weather | Worship |