Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Gray/Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Inkd View Post
    Since I've posted I have read a couple of other articles that have a bit more information, not much, than what I have already read. It seems they are saying that a protruding bolt may have cause an injury to his head, should be easy to figure that out. Also, apparently the individual that was in the wagon was interviewed and he said that Gray was not throwing himself around in the wagon, just kicking and thrashing a bit.

Do the "rough rides" happen? Probably so. Was this the case, who knows? Since there was another person in the back of the wagon that should shed some light on at least part of the ride. If he says that Gray was moving around, at least after he got put in the van, would that mean his spine was still intact?

I would be much more comfortable with these charges if the city was not burning and if the Prosecutor did not make comments on race in her speech. If the determination is made that the cops did in fact cause the injury, then they should go down for it.

I have no real basis for feeling the way I do and usually try to be more objective. But, in this case I'm going to go a bit sideways and say that to me it feels like they were thrown under the bus to appease the animals and keep the city from burning any further.
    what comments on race did she make?

BTW, if you watch the interview with that 'witness' it is pretty clear he would say just about anything. He made it sound like he told the homicide officers what he thought they wanted to hear, just like he was trying to tell the reporter what she wanted to hear. However, if you listen to what the SA says, the police had found Gray unresponsive prior to the witness being put into the wagon.
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    I may have missed part of her comments, but all I heard about race was her saying that someone in her family (her grandfather perhaps) had been one of the founding members of some black police officer organization. The context was that she was saying that these charges didn't (or shouldn't) make for problems or ill will between prosecutors and the police. She was saying that she came from long line of police officers and referring to the people in her family that had been police officers.

BTW, if you watch the interview with that 'witness' it is pretty clear he would say just about anything. He made it sound like he told the homicide officers what he thought they wanted to hear, just like he was trying to tell the reporter what she wanted to hear. However, if you listen to what the SA says, the police had found Gray unresponsive prior to the witness being put into the wagon.
    That leaked search warrant application (?) smelled like BS from the beginning. Now it's even clearer that it was concocted horse#### trying to distract from officers' culpability in this situation.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilted View Post
    I may have missed part of her comments, but all I heard about race was her saying that someone in her family (her grandfather perhaps) had been one of the founding members of some black police officer organization. The context was that she was saying that these charges didn't (or shouldn't) make for problems or ill will between prosecutors and the police. She was saying that she came from long line of police officers and referring to the people in her family that had been police officers.

That leaked search warrant application (?) smelled like BS from the beginning. Now it's even clearer that it was concocted horse#### trying to distract from officers' culpability in this situation.
    i couldn't agree with you any more on that. That leaked search warrant sounded like a bunch of BS from the begining. The one interesting thing i did take from it was that the police were getting a warrant for an officers clothes. To me that indicated that the officer was not cooperating, and you have to ask yourself why....

In any case, the witness recanted what was in that warrant affidavit
    "once in a while you can get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"-TGD

4. 05-01-2015, 02:47 PM

I haven't watched the interview with the guy who was in the wagon yet, this is my first day that I have not had to go in to school to study in 3 months and am playing catch up with everything that I let go by the wayside.

I screwed up on the quote about race, it was a statement she made during her swearing in and when I had read it I thought it came from the press conference regarding Gray. My mistake.

Here is the quote though:

"As a black woman who understands just how much the criminal justice system disproportionately affects communities of color, I will seek justice on your behalf," she said, according to WBAL TV.

http://www.businessinsider.com/balti...ie-gray-2015-5

Nope, you didn't miss them. I read the statement she made during her swearing in ceremony and the way it was linked on the site I was on made it seem like she said it during the Gray press conference.

"As a black woman who understands just how much the criminal justice system disproportionately affects communities of color, I will seek justice on your behalf," she said, according to WBAL TV."

What is the leaked search warrant? I can't keep up with the new information coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkd View Post
    Nope, you didn't miss them. I read the statement she made during her swearing in ceremony and the way it was linked on the site I was on made it seem like she said it during the Gray press conference.

"As a black woman who understands just how much the criminal justice system disproportionately affects communities of color, I will seek justice on your behalf," she said, according to WBAL TV."
    i really dont see problem with that statement. I mean her job included prosecuting black people just as well (probably more often) as anyone else.

i really dont see problem with that statement. I mean her job included prosecuting black people just as well (probably more often) as anyone else.
    Justice is supposed to be blind. Color shouldn't enter into anything she says.

If anyone actually goes what the problem is; https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...more-s-anguish
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    But some of the background I've been reading lately suggests strongly that that sort of police behavior might be encouraged, condoned and endemic....almost "official policy" in Baltimore's police department. Not meaning that as any sort of excuse for what might have happened here...just pointing out that it could be the norm rather than the exception...except that this time the victim died.
    https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...more-s-anguish
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 49