Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Gray/Charges

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    One police officer, identified as Caesar Goodson, 45, was charged with second-degree murder, while others were charged with crimes including manslaughter and assault.

It sounds like the driver of the paddy wagon was charged with 2nd degree homicide. One of the thoughts was if he went back into that paddy wagon head first.

These officers are pretty screwed. It doesn't sound like they had a basis for the arrest to begin with. Larry's earlier posting of this blog/article gives a very good description of what has been going on. https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...more-s-anguish
    https://www.themarshallproject.org/2...more-s-anguish

Oh, sorry!
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Quote Originally Posted by PsyOps View Post
    And this comment from her sort of eludes to this:

She shouldn't be responding to 'no justice, no peace' from people that don't have any shred of facts. She should answering to the facts.
    I just turned on the TV for the first time since early this morning and that was the first thing I saw and thought the same thing. But it is what it is and only she has all of the information to reach the conclusion she did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilted View Post
    I'm watching the Baltimore's State's Attorney speak right now. It's refreshing to see someone associated with this situation speak in a way that inspires confidence and demonstrates leadership - and, frankly, doesn't make you question how the hell they got into office. Governor Hogan did the same, but some of the others - I'm thinking first and foremost about the mayor of Baltimore - left a lot to be desired.

EDIT: To reflect that Ms. Mosby is State's Attorney for Baltimore rather than Maryland.
    The governor at no point has looked or sounded like a leader. He stumbled over answers, whispered answers, didn't answer and at each occasion has looked like he just rolled out of bed. If you are the leader; act, sound and look like it. This isn't a natural disaster where its ok to walk the streets in a windbreaker and slacks.

This was his first crisis...so hopefully he will learn from it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    The governor at no point has looked or sounded like a leader. He stumbled over answers, whispered answers, didn't answer and at each occasion has looked like he just rolled out of bed. If you are the leader; act, sound and look like it. This isn't a natural disaster where its ok to walk the streets in a windbreaker and slacks.

Baltimore went from a lawless burning wreck to under control in less than 20 hours. He was prepared and waiting for the required call. Compared with every other "leader" involved, he appears to be the only competent one.
    There are only two possibilities; one is that we are alone in the universe, the other is that we are not.
    Both are terrifying.

Blog Entries
    I guess he should take lessons from the mayor.
    "Is Uncle Monello homeless?"

Monello thinks he is king of the forum, now. Just keep that in mind.
    What bad thing did you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkd View Post
    What is the leaked search warrant? I can't keep up with the new information coming out.
    At some point a search warrant application was leaked on which an officer claimed that a witness who had been in the vehicle with Mr. Gray said that he heard noises which made it seem like Mr. Gray was trying to injure himself. The suggestion was that he, Mr. Gray, had intentionally caused the fatal injury himself.

That planted story, as it felt like it was, never made much sense. Now it seems even more certain to have been made up.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

The governor at no point has looked or sounded like a leader. He stumbled over answers, whispered answers, didn't answer and at each occasion has looked like he just rolled out of bed..
    You missed the press conference that I saw. Out buying me another endearing greeting card, werncha? :kisskiss:
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    why would that matter? at least one of the cops is alledged to be black. So what, no one has said Gray was killed because he was black, not that i have heard anyway

now its your turn to have faith in the justice system. The DA brought these charges based on the facts as presented by the police. Just because you dont like the result you are claiming some sort of unfairness, just like you all claimed the protestors would if they didn't get a result they like.....
    I have faith in the system but not in that DA. She is trying to stop the riots and doesn't mind giving up a few cops to do it.

Hey TJ, what about the mayor who snuck out the back door with good ol' Al when she was asked questions she didn't want to answer.

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrider View Post
    why would that matter? at least one of the cops is alledged to be black. So what, no one has said Gray was killed because he was black, not that i have heard anyway

now its your turn to have faith in the justice system. The DA brought these charges based on the facts as presented by the police. Just because you dont like the result you are claiming some sort of unfairness, just like you all claimed the protestors would if they didn't get a result they like.....
    Race is huge in this. Just heard a BPD veteran interview on Hannity with his voice disguised say he was pretty sure it was 3/3, and that that will factor in during this process. The State Attorney, while very clear and concise during her presser this morning, sounded like nothing other than making a political statement to sooth the black community.

The officer, in talking with a few of the now accused, was told they witnessed what was a drug transaction passed hand to hand between Gray and another individual. That's why they chased him down for their probable cause.

We'll see how it all shakes out.
    "In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress." John Adams

Members who have read this thread: 49