Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Freddie Gray/Charges

Freddie Gray/Charges

This is live, but I suspect they'll write it up shortly.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Jist of it is "every one of you cops, under the bus".
    Last edited by Merlin99; 05-01-2015 at 09:48 PM.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
    This is live, but I suspect they'll write it up shortly.
    I'm watching the Baltimore's State's Attorney speak right now. It's refreshing to see someone associated with this situation speak in a way that inspires confidence and demonstrates leadership - and, frankly, doesn't make you question how the hell they got into office. Governor Hogan did the same, but some of the others - I'm thinking first and foremost about the mayor of Baltimore - left a lot to be desired.

EDIT: To reflect that Ms. Mosby is State's Attorney for Baltimore rather than Maryland.
    Last edited by Tilted; 05-01-2015 at 03:08 PM.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

Smilin on a cloudy day wharf rat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tilted View Post
    i'm watching the maryland state's attorney speak right now. It's refreshing to see someone associated with this situation speak in a way that inspires confidence and demonstrates leadership - and, frankly, doesn't make you question how the hell they got into office. Governor hogan did the same, but some of the others - i'm thinking first and foremost about the mayor of baltimore - left a lot to be desired.

like!!!

Wife and I looked at each other and were thinking the same thing.

She's what the city needs.
    If it's got titties, or tires you know it's gonna be trouble. - Words of wisdom from my Uncle John.

I'd add that I'm glad to see the false imprisonment charges. I've wondered from the beginning why Mr. Gray was arrested to begin with, no one that I've heard has offered any reason (e.g. probable cause that a particular crime had been committed) other than he ran away when he saw police. I was wondering if there was an actual and legal reason why they chased him, it seems there was not.

EDIT: I had heard that he was arrested for possessing a knife. The State's Attorney has apparently indicated that wasn't illegal. But more to my point, if there wasn't sufficient legal cause to detain him to begin with, finding that knife (in a search incident to arrest I guess) wouldn't matter anyway.
    Last edited by Tilted; 05-01-2015 at 11:09 AM.
    Nearly all success in electoral politics boils down to convincing people that you recognize that they are not the problem, that someone or something else is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilted View Post
    I'm watching the Maryland State's Attorney speak right now. It's refreshing to see someone associated with this situation speak in a way that inspires confidence and demonstrates leadership - and, frankly, doesn't make you question how the hell they got into office.
    Disagree. She was hard to listen to. I do not trust her..she has an axe to grind towards officers because she blames them for the loss of a family member.

She also has ties with the Gray family...more will come out about this..
    "If you think they are going to give you your country back without a fight, you are sadly mistaken"

I would like to see the entire Baltimore Police force retire, tomorrow. Let the city go to hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
    Disagree. She was hard to listen to. I do not trust her..she has an axe to grind towards officers because she blames them for the loss of a family member.

She also has ties with the Gray family...more will come out about this..
    Axes and ties aside, if the evidence supports the charges than this is due process.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Freefaller View Post
    I would like to see the entire Baltimore Police force retire, tomorrow. Let the city go to hell!
    For real. You'd have to be pretty hard up for a job to want to be a B'more cop, especially after this mess.

These 6 cops who will be charged in the Gray death, if indeed they contributed to his death I think we can say they are not the best and brightest, just more freaking ####heads who shouldn't be in a position of authority.

And with the Mayor - the MAYOR! - condoning and encouraging rioters, looters, and police assaults, no person worth a hill of chit would want to do that job.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 49