98.3 this morning

Lucerofan49

Anybody know what happened at John Hanson Middle School in Waldorf? Heard people expressing some real anger this AM on the Heather and T-Bone show but couldn't figure out exactly what happened....

KDENISE977

Anybody know what happened at John Hanson Middle School in Waldorf? Heard people expressing some real anger this AM on the Heather and T-Bone show but couldn't figure out exactly what happened....

From what I caught of it, one kid took a dump on another kids backpack... I also caught it from about the middle. I was wondering if that would come up in here today.

luvmygdaughters

Listened at 5:30 AM this morning. Apparently a future criminal in training has been picking on this boy since Thanksgiving. The last straw was the CIT grabbed the kids backpack and coat, took them into the bathroom and defecated on them. The parents talked to the principal whose only solution was to offer to buy the kid another bookbag, because, the CIT's family doesn't have much money. The parents of the bullied boy told them that was not the point. They want something done about this other kid. They spoke with the LEO at the school, he told them that they could press charges against the kid, but it would probably make it harder on their kid. After that story, several parents were calling to express the horror stories that their kids have been thru at several public schools in the tri-county area.

gretchen

From what I caught of it, one kid took a dump on another kids backpack... I also caught it from about the middle. I was wondering if that would come up in here today.

I have to ask...was this in the four year old room,per chance? You might know the suspect!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Listened at 5:30 AM this morning. Apparently a future criminal in training has been picking on this boy since Thanksgiving. The last straw was the CIT grabbed the kids backpack and coat, took them into the bathroom and defecated on them. The parents talked to the principal whose only solution was to offer to buy the kid another bookbag, because, the CIT's family doesn't have much money. The parents of the bullied boy told them that was not the point. They want something done about this other kid. They spoke with the LEO at the school, he told them that they could press charges against the kid, but it would probably make it harder on their kid. After that story, several parents were calling to express the horror stories that their kids have been thru at several public schools in the tri-county area.

Like some above I heard part of this story, didn't get the part about the school offering to purchase a new backpack.
But Heather said she found a video online of one boy sucker punching another in the lunch room, then raising his hands in celebration.
Several callers added their stories about school condoned violence (i.e. nothing done to the perpetrator).
Felt like calling and telling the parents of the assault victims that there was a time (at least a Great Mills) that the victim would be disciplined as well since they were "involved in a fight".

When the school administration is not disciplining (i.e. suspending, expelling) a student it's because of political correctness. Much like reporting crimes, if you report (record) that a crime happened you have a documented "crime" problem. If you don't report it or down grade it, your statistics look better. School administrators are under political pressure to make the schools look safe.
The other part is race. If the disciplinary actions are not appropriately distributed along racial lines questions will be raised that nobody wants to have to address. It puts school funding in jeopardy by calling negative attention at the state level.

Nobody reads the story, they just look at the numbers. Statistics don't lie, isn't that the mantra?

gretchen

I don't understand why parents allow the school so much power. My youngest child was bullied and physically hurt by another girl once,and when I was told I sat in the parking lot and followed the bus home with the kid. When she got out,her dad was there to pick her up and I pulled right in after them and say hey,we need to have a talk. End of problem. In theory yes,the school should handle it. But they don't. So take care of your own.

luvmygdaughters

You were lucky I think the problem with these criminals in training is their parents are thugs too who just don't care. I worked with a guy whose wife was a teacher in PG County public schools. She said that she was confronted more than once with angry parents whose kids were not passing because they were not turning in assignments, showing up to class and just starting trouble all the time. She finally quit and went to work at a private school. Not saying all parents of bullies are this way, but I would think the majority are.

This is a case where I would have supported my kid for being suspended after beating the ever living tar out of this sh!thead.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't understand why parents allow the school so much power. My youngest child was bullied and physically hurt by another girl once,and when I was told I sat in the parking lot and followed the bus home with the kid. When she got out,her dad was there to pick her up and I pulled right in after them and say hey,we need to have a talk. End of problem. In theory yes,the school should handle it. But they don't. So take care of your own.

I have threatened OPC on behalf of my son as well when he was a tyke. It was my most cherished hope that he would go home and tell his mom, and she would come confront me about it. Darn the luck, didn't happen. I also taught my son how to punch out another kid who was bothering him at preschool, and lit the teachers ass when she dared to call me and complain.

If you don't straighten your kid out, it will be my pleasure to straighten him out for you. And straighten you out too, if need be.

This pooping kid needs to be kicked out of school, and the parents need to be investigated. Clearly something is going on in that house if they have produced such a little bastard kid - my guess is he is abused at home, so he comes to school to take out his frustrations on others.

The parents should absolutely press charges against not only the kid, but the school for failing to stop this nonsense. We whine and pule about bullying in our school systems - did we intend to actually do anything about it? Or is whining and bitching as far as it gets? Maybe hold a seminar or two, ask the little bastards nicely to not #### in other kids' bookbags?

It's outrageous that the school isn't doing anything about this kid. ALL parents should be down there screaming their heads off.