The Foxy Fish

mudpuddle

I posted this post two years ago: (The Foxy Fish is on Rt. 5. Mechanicsville)

"The Foxy Fish is just excellent! Ate there for the second time and the food was delicious! The crab truffles are to die for, and the crab cake sandwiches are just full of crab meat and not a bread filling!
Also, they have the biggest onion rings I have ever seen!!!!
The decor is just beautiful and the prices are reasonable!

My only complaint is that you can't read the sign from the highway. I did talk to the owner about it-and they are considering changing the sign! "

just ate there tonight (05/08/15) and thought I was in a different restaurant! Their big, beautiful, original sign by the highway is gone, their beautiful interior (decorations, tables) are gone, their wonderful menu is gone! The food was fair, at best, and the pricing is sky-high! Service was horrible and we had gone there for an early dinner. It was empty!
Has it gone under new management since it had first opened?
We will not be going back....so sad....

Last edited:

"The Foxy Fish is just excellent! Ate there for the second time and the food was delicious! The crab truffles are to die for, and the crab cake sandwiches are just full of crab meat and not a bread filling!

My only complaint is that you can't read the sign from the highway. I did talk to the owner about it-and they are considering changing the sign! "

just ate there tonight (05/08/15) and thought I was in a different restaurant! Their big, beautiful, original sign by the highway is gone, their beautiful interior (decorations, tables) are gone, their wonderful menu is gone! The food was fair, at best, and the pricing is sky-high! Service was horrible and we had gone there for an early dinner. It was empty!

Is that the one that is/was owned by Bert's daughter (Bert from the 50's drive in -original owner)? I haven't eaten there since it changed over to the Foxy Fish, but I drove by there a few weeks ago and it looked really busy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't bother with that place anymore. Every time I go by there it has a new name.

mudpuddle

Is that the one that is/was owned by Bert's daughter (Bert from the 50's drive in -original owner)? I haven't eaten there since it changed over to the Foxy Fish, but I drove by there a few weeks ago and it looked really busy.

yes! It was great and now it is a totally different place....

OldHillcrestGuy

We ate there just yesterday for Mothers Day, it was packed and not any of us had complaints about our meals. This makes the 3rd time eating there since Bert's daughter took over, and we did not see any difference with our meal then our other visits. Bert's daughter still owns the place, and yesterday Bert was out wandering the floor, like Jerry does at Jerry's Place. He was even singing to one couple.
It looks like they are about to do some construction on the place as there is a big pile of lumber unloaded just behind the place, roof trusses and other lumber.

fatratcat

I tried the Foxy Fish. It was "eh?" Nothing that justified the price. My new find in the area is the place in Laurel Grove next to the baseball fields. They are a very nice surprise!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My friend's friend owns the new place in M'ville - Zee something. Supposedly that's really good.

red_explorer

yum!!!

Bf got food there a few times in the last few months. It was soooo yummy!!!!