Library will be built at the Hayden Farm

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, it's good to know that the Taj MaLibrary will finally be built. I suspect it will be to the library system what Moakley Street is to the school system. Wonder what percentage of the square footage will be devoted to admin......

LtownTaxpayer

Didn't matter which site they chose, someone was going to be disappointed. I find it interesting that two of the three commissioners who chose the Hayden Farm site were supposed to meet with the individual who was donating the land for the downtown site. But Todd Morgan squashed that meeting. (http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0515/todd-morgan-intentionally-derails-closed-meeting.html) Maybe if he had let that meeting happen, things would have turned out differently. We'll never know.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Didn't matter which site they chose, someone was going to be disappointed. I find it interesting that two of the three commissioners who chose the Hayden Farm site were supposed to meet with the individual who was donating the land for the downtown site. But Todd Morgan squashed that meeting. (http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0515/todd-morgan-intentionally-derails-closed-meeting.html) Maybe if he had let that meeting happen, things would have turned out differently. We'll never know.

That is way too "convenient". An interested citizen, or group thereof, should maybe ask some very pointed questions.

alex

If you paid attention the library is only budgeted to be a total of 30,000 sq ft. Admin will be lucky to get 5000 of that.

officeguy

So closed meetings on public business are a good thing ?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I'm glad he did, I find the thought of secret meetings distasteful.

Restless

I am glad they chose the Hayden property. I rode by the other location and it is not easily accessible. If someone hadn't given me directions, I wouldn't have found it. The two streets that run by the downtown location would not be wide enough for all the additional traffic. Plus the people that live along Lawrence Avenue would have to endure a lot more traffic running through their neighborhood. If I lived there, I would hate all that extra traffic and noise.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Are they going to put up a traffic light due to the housing development, school and library?

They are going to have to, regardless of what Commissioner Morgan said at the Leonard's Grant candidate forum last year. Actually, it's two housing developments, counting Clark's Rest.

I am glad they chose the Hayden property. I rode by the other location and it is not easily accessible. If someone hadn't given me directions, I wouldn't have found it. The two streets that run by the downtown location would not be wide enough for all the additional traffic. Plus the people that live along Lawrence Avenue would have to endure a lot more traffic running through their neighborhood. If I lived there, I would hate all that extra traffic and noise.

:yeahthat: I'm glad it's not downtown.

ltown81

I am fine with where it is. Leonardtown is still getting a new library. if the town wanted more say where it should be..I am certain that could be arranged if they were paying for some of it.