Naked Woman...

officeguy

This is why they should just legalize weed. I have never heard of someone on weed doing this, it would take too much effort.

Sure about that ? With the hash-oil products now available in colorado, they are starting to see psychotic patients with nothing but THC in their system.

Restless

This is why they should just legalize weed. I have never heard of someone on weed doing this, it would take too much effort.

Yes, let's legalize weed so that we can turn into another Colorado or Washington State. Have you seen the problems legalizing pot has caused in those states? They have homeless druggies living on the streets in huge numbers. They have overloaded the welfare system too.

""A naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm and a two-foot salami under the other. She lays the poodle on the table. Bartender says,'I suppose you won't be needing a drink.

Hank

my war
Yes, let's legalize weed so that we can turn into another Colorado or Washington State. Have you seen the problems legalizing pot has caused in those states? They have homeless druggies living on the streets in huge numbers. They have overloaded the welfare system too.

You're high!

Dakota

~~~~~~~

Can you prove that???

I have heard that statement made a few times in various places but wasn't successful when doing research.

I'm not saying it is or isn't true.... I would just like to see some evidence. :shrug:

bilbur

Where did you find this out? With my research I have found the few problems were far outweighed by the benefits. I would make a bet that if there is an extra strain on the welfare system it doesn't even touch the tax revenue from not only the sale of weed but the increase in tourism. I guess a person can find any information to support their argument depending on which side they are on if they look hard enough but I will say that I have found many more articles saying it was a success than ones calling it a failure. Link Link Link
Of course that last link is slightly biased since it is a medical weed advocate site. The only articles I could find criticizing the legalization are one from Fox News and a couple that say Colorado didn't reach their $100 million estimate and only took in $67 million. To be fair I have also heard that due to a high tax on weed there are still street dealers selling it for less but crime numbers are way down otherwise. There is also the occasional POT shop robbed but no more than pharmacies are robbed in any other state.

Let me clarify why I speak out for legalization. I have to take medication that will eventually destroy my liver. Studies have shown that Marijuana could be used instead of what I am taking with the same medical benefits but without destroying my liver. This is why I hope the federal government recognizes its medical benefits and legalizes it before I destroy my body too much. Until it is legalized federally I am stuck with what I am taking because I have a federal government job. On a side note, I have never used it before so I only know what I have found in my research.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Let me clarify why I speak out for legalization. I have to take medication that will eventually destroy my liver. Studies have shown that Marijuana could be used instead of what I am taking with the same medical benefits but without destroying my liver. This is why I hope the federal government recognizes its medical benefits and legalizes it before I destroy my body too much. Until it is legalized federally I am stuck with what I am taking because I have a federal government job. On a side note, I have never used it before so I only know what I have found in my research.
I'd like to be able to legally smoke weed as well, for medical reasons, and don't and won't until it's legal. Even my husband has advocated the smoking of weed for my health issues. It's not a matter of being afraid to try it, or even of not being able to get a prescription for it from my doctors, it's a matter of losing employment if I do, regardless of my reasons and regardless of a doctor's note.

Meanwhile, I can take "prescription drugs" that leave me barely able to function. :ohwell:

Last edited:
I'd like to be able to legally smoke weed as well, for medical reasons, and don't and won't until it's legal. Even my husband has advocated the smoking of weed for my health issues. It's not a matter of being afraid to try it, or even of not being able to get a prescription for it from my doctors, it's a matter of losing employment if I do, regardless of my reasons and regardless of a doctor's note.

Meanwhile, I can take "prescription drugs" that leave me barely able to function. :ohwell:

Have a clearance? Federal law trumps state law. Legal weed is still illegal drug use to the Feds.

lovinmaryland

How do you know this?

Come on now that was the first thing that popped into mind when I read the story. Sounds like Chuck County has a bit of a PCP problem between this chick jumping out a damn window and the other dude trying to rip off a babys face :shocked:

bilbur

Have a clearance? Federal law trumps state law. Legal weed is still illegal drug use to the Feds.

This is why I am doomed to use harmful medications. Even if I didn't have a government job and clearance I wouldn't do it until it is federally legal because I wouldn't take a chance that it would affect future employment. I believe that eventually the federal government will recognize the many medical benefits unfortunately the damage will probably be done to my body by the time it happens. If by some miracle I can survive until retirement, which is over 20 years away, I will be moving to a state that does care about people that this medicine can help since I will no longer have to worry about staying employed.