BB King

littlelady

God bless the USA
My husband and I were just talking about BB. There are not that many entertainers that can cause one to feel a personal loss. BB was awesome and influenced so many. He surely will be missed. His personal story is very inspiring.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
My husband and I were just talking about BB. There are not that many entertainers that can cause one to feel a personal loss. BB was awesome and influenced so many. He surely will be missed. His personal story is very inspiring.

That's really something to be in your late 20's and you feel a personal loss at BB King's death.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That's really something to be in your late 20's and you feel a personal loss at BB King's death.

What is your problem? There is such a thing as reading and knowing things. Especially if one loves music and likes to know how it evolved. I saw today that you accused another member of following you around here. I think you are doing the same thing. But what do I know. I am new here. But it doesn't take long to get the read.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
What is your problem? There is such a thing as reading and knowing things. Especially if one loves music and likes to know how it evolved. I saw today that you accused another member of following you around here. I think you are doing the same thing. But what do I know. I am new here. But it doesn't take long to get the read.

No, it sure doesn't. Some posting styles stick out like a sore thumb. :roflmao:

littlelady

God bless the USA
No, it sure doesn't. Some posting styles stick out like a sore thumb. :roflmao:

Whatever that means. We all speak English here and use the same words. Like I said you seem to have a problem with me. I can't help you with that. Sort it out on your own. I am sorry about your thumb.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Anybody remember him playing the marine museum in 98?
I'm fortunate to have seen him a dozen times including the museum where we had front row seats.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
While BB was not a great guitar player which are, frankly a dime a dozen and have been for ages, his legend is due him because he worked his ass off doing well over 200 nights a year for decades and was always fantastic to the youngsters teaching them showmanship, respect for the audience and all around welcoming supporting and helping them along.

A giant has passed.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
Anybody remember him playing the marine museum in 98?
I'm fortunate to have seen him a dozen times including the museum where we had front row seats.

Was there also and was the one spot lighting him that night, memory i will never forget.

BOP

While BB was not a great guitar player which are, frankly a dime a dozen and have been for ages, his legend is due him because he worked his ass off doing well over 200 nights a year for decades and was always fantastic to the youngsters teaching them showmanship, respect for the audience and all around welcoming supporting and helping them along.

A giant has passed.

Up yours, Larry.

I'm not sure how old this is, but he sounds pretty young here.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Really Larry?, surprising commentary coming from you!

Define 'great' guitar player. BB King is NOT a 'great' guitar player. He was not technically a great player, he was not some innovator. He isn't one of the number of people who came along and changed the game. He wasn't one of those players who could play anything.

He was GREAT at what he did. I took care to state that being a 'great' guitar player isn't noteworthy in and of itself to begin with. I took care to note the GREAT things he did; support the art, pass it on, and, at the very end that he was a GIANT. I was not referring to his size.

:shrug:

Agee

Define 'great' guitar player. BB King is NOT a 'great' guitar player. He was not technically a great player, he was not some innovator. He isn't one of the number of people who came along and changed the game. He wasn't one of those players who could play anything.

He was GREAT at what he did. I took care to state that being a 'great' guitar player isn't noteworthy in and of itself to begin with. I took care to note the GREAT things he did; support the art, pass it on, and, at the very end that he was a GIANT. I was not referring to his size.

:shrug:

sorry larry, I can't always follow your thought process... :shrug: