So turns out my overly aggressive

Tami2red

SSo turns out my overly aggressive male cockatiel is female. Or so I'm guessing from the batch of eggs....

Tami2red

LMAO :killingme:

Now be serious people. Oh, wait. I forget who I'm dealing with. I went to change their food. And.... EGGS. In. The. Food. Bowl.

Now he/she just glares at me all the time.... From the food bowl he/she laid them in. And is using as a nest.

Dammit. Petco said they vetted him/her.

:strangle:

Vet as in the animal term.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
LMAO :killingme:

Now be serious people. Oh, wait. I forget who I'm dealing with. I went to change their food. And.... EGGS. In. The. Food. Bowl.

Now he/she just glares at me all the time.... From the food bowl he/she laid them in. And is using as a nest.

Dammit. Petco said they vetted him/her.

:strangle:

Vet as in the animal term.

Is she sitting on the "nest"? :lol:

SoMDGirl42

SSo turns out my overly aggressive male cockatiel is female. Or so I'm guessing from the batch of eggs....

My "male" cockatiel started laying eggs on Christmas day. I followed all the directions and let her sit on them for the 21 days. Started removing the egss and she layed another clutch. Waited that one out and gave her extra time. They started rotting. Had to remove them. She started laying again. :jameo: I just removed those last weekend. So far she's layed something like 18 since Christmas Day. 4/1 was the last time. I'm hoping she's done now. I don't want her to die from being a chronic egg layer. I've followed all the instructions. If she lays again :faint: I give up.

Roman

My "male" cockatiel started laying eggs on Christmas day. I followed all the directions and let her sit on them for the 21 days. Started removing the egss and she layed another clutch. Waited that one out and gave her extra time. They started rotting. Had to remove them. She started laying again. :jameo: I just removed those last weekend. So far she's layed something like 18 since Christmas Day. 4/1 was the last time. I'm hoping she's done now. I don't want her to die from being a chronic egg layer. I've followed all the instructions. If she lays again :faint: I give up.
Get some marbles to lay in the nest. Preferably the same color as the eggs. That might help.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Get some marbles to lay in the nest. Preferably the same color as the eggs. That might help.

:yay:

I heard something similar from the neighbor up the street, when he wants his chickens to take a break from laying .... he puts some thing in the nests ...

Roman

:yay:

I heard something similar from the neighbor up the street, when he wants his chickens to take a break from laying .... he puts some thing in the nests ...
I have heard about doing that with chickens, but my chickens only lay a lot in the warmer months. They slow down in the fall through the winter.