Verizon Email Access

Had the strangest problem this morning getting into my Verizon email. None of my devices could get in via POP, but the web site was working fine. Found an article from a person months ago that was having the same issue, and it turns out there was a problem using WiFi. Sure enough, turned off WiFI on the laptop and cabled in direct, and everything worked normally. Disconnected the cable and turned WiFi back on, and is still working.

Had to do the same thing on my cell phone, disable WiFi, connect to Verizon using wireless service, then re-enable WiFi to get it working again.

For those of you who are more knowledgeable in this, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the recent Verizon change to the incoming and outgoing ports.

Weird.

C

Chuckt

Had the strangest problem this morning getting into my Verizon email. None of my devices could get in via POP, but the web site was working fine. Found an article from a person months ago that was having the same issue, and it turns out there was a problem using WiFi. Sure enough, turned off WiFI on the laptop and cabled in direct, and everything worked normally. Disconnected the cable and turned WiFi back on, and is still working.

Had to do the same thing on my cell phone, disable WiFi, connect to Verizon using wireless service, then re-enable WiFi to get it working again.

For those of you who are more knowledgeable in this, it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the recent Verizon change to the incoming and outgoing ports.

Weird.

Our email has been out at least two days this month.

I have two other email accounts apart from Verizon for the simple reason that Verizon's email won't work on some tablets and phones because of the inability of the web service to resize the window. Google will put the email box in the left frame on the screen so email is always visible. I use Verizon's DSL settings for POP3 email because their company reps have told me POP3 doesn't work with Windows 8 but I am getting email through Microsoft Outlook (Office).

Verizon hit by an 8-hour email outage

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2925188/internet/verizon-hit-by-an-8-hour-email-outage.html