Source for ethanol free gas for small engines?

glhs837

Power with Control
Okay, got a new pressure washer, and decided this one wont see the dreaded ethanol if I can help it. Noticed while having lunch with the wife at Clarkes Landing that they advertise ethanol free gas. Is it legal for me to take a two gallon can up there and fill up? Or is there a source closer to Ridge or St Marys City. I know there are ethanol treatments, but I'm thinking it has to better to not have that crap in the first place.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Okay, got a new pressure washer, and decided this one wont see the dreaded ethanol if I can help it. Noticed while having lunch with the wife at Clarkes Landing that they advertise ethanol free gas. Is it legal for me to take a two gallon can up there and fill up? Or is there a source closer to Ridge or St Marys City. I know there are ethanol treatments, but I'm thinking it has to better to not have that crap in the first place.

St. Mary's airport; get'cha some AVGAS. Your pressure washer will run like a street rod. :lol: :snort:

Vince

My snowblower and tiller are running crappy due to ethanol gas. Have to tear down the carbs on both and clean them all due to the ethanol in the fuel. AVGAS in your small engines is not a good idea, but it sure would take the water out of JP-5 and clean up your fuel probes in the aircraft fuel cells.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

http://pure-gas.org/

DEEKAYPEE8569

My snowblower and tiller are running crappy due to ethanol gas. Have to tear down the carbs on both and clean them all due to the ethanol in the fuel. AVGAS in your small engines is not a good idea, but it sure would take the water out of JP-5 and clean up your fuel probes in the aircraft fuel cells.

I know.....I was just being facetious. :biggrin:

glhs837

Power with Control
I see the stuff at Lowes, but $20 a gallon or so seems a bit steep. Given that the ethanol free stuff at Clarkes was $350ish a gallon. So, purefuel shows me Clarkes Landing, and Dennis Point Marina in Drayden, and Fitzies in Leonardtown.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I see the stuff at Lowes, but $20 a gallon or so seems a bit steep. Given that the ethanol free stuff at Clarkes was $350ish a gallon. So, purefuel shows me Clarkes Landing, and Dennis Point Marina in Drayden, and Fitzies in Leonardtown.

Marinas are the only option I've located in the general area. I buy mine at Tall Timbers or Cather Marine.

The ones I patronize don't mind. I can see some places being grumpy about the small sale if they have a long walk out to operate their pumps.

What about Park Sunoco? Is theirs ethanol free?

I don't notice any stickers on the pumps indicating ethanol but wasn't sure if it was mandatory to place a notice or not.

stew77

The guy who repairs my weed eater, my riding lawnmower, my pressure washer, my sno-blower told me tio use the 93 octane for all of my small engine stuff. Started using it this year, I have two 2.5 gallon cans of this and it seems to work well. I am like you, tired of rebuilding my equipment each and every season change. Oh by the way, stored my motorcycle with Stabil and 93 octane in it for two years, (topped off to full, with battery tender hooked up all the time) ) and motorcycle starts and runs just as good as two years ago. I need to run this tank out of gas and then put some fresh in, but so far no problems! Motorcycle is a Vtwin, V92C Victory, with fuel injection.

RPMDAD

Ethanol fuel sucks, and screws up all my lawn equipment. That is all JMHO. Not sure who is driving this bs, the corn lobby paying off the reps for the EPA or the EPA screwing Americans. I am getting sick and tired of rebuilding carbs or replacing them and gas lines. That is all vent off.

I'd prefer non-ethanol fuel, but to be honest, since I started using Stabil back in the late 90s, I haven't had any issues at all. My 1984 generator and push mower start first pull and run well. Before Stabil, I had to rebuild the carbs every 2-3 years. Been using the green Marine version of Stabil since they introduced it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Do you put in stabilizer off season? That seems to be critical for our stuff. Put it in, run for a few moments to insure it is all through the system and fuel lines.

Ethanol is a freaking crime against us.