Friday Monring, Rt 235 (southbound) at Sheetz

BernieP

Resident PIA
Has there been anything posted on the details of the incident (accident)?

I've heard stories that the body was removed well before 8AM but the road was still closed.

bilbur

I've heard stories that the body was removed well before 8AM but the road was still closed.

If there is any question as to if the pedestrian is going to survive they have to do an accident reconstruction. Don't know if that is true in this case but it seems highly possible. I heard the pedestrian was hurt pretty bad and flown out.

Roman

If the road is still closed, that isn't a good sign. If it's the accident I read about earlier, it was car verses pedestrian.

BernieP

Resident PIA
yes, it was car versus pedestrian and heard on the radio they might fly the injured party out. However when I heard that report it had been over an hour. My only thought was they could have transported to St. Mary's Hospital in that time and then flown them out from there. So holding the road closed for the medevac flight sounded questionable.

But I have not seen any reports (news) or press releases, only the small bits from the radio and co-workers who made it through the area.

Has it been posted on a news site?

Wow. Pedestrian was in an active crosswalk... she had the right of way... thank goodness she was flown out in stable condition and not more serous. She's gonna own that dude when all is said and done.