Some welding......bmw sway bar mounts

glhs837

Power with Control
Not trying to spend crazy here. inspection found that both front sway bar mounts are bad. Each mount is attached to the front subframe with four or five tack welds. Those need ground off to remove old ones, new mounts welded on. Called SM City, but they are not doing cars anymore, just bikes. The recommend Tom Hodges, but I don't know that this is a thing a normal shop might be trusted to do. No time to teach myself welding fast enough to do it. Suggestions?

glhs837

Power with Control
But sadly, he bailed due to health concerns , to much under car time to do it. Lucky for me, someone got me in touch with a fabricator for a local contractor who was willing to take it on in the interests of plying with a new type af machine and just being a great guy. Said after he enjoyed the challenge. And for sure I'm going to get up on welding now.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just had a guy stop by my shop yesterday looking to get a custom hitch put on the back of his new fifth-wheel travel trailer. Same story..Bodnar was going to to do it but then couldn't. And then he remembered he'd had my shop build him the same thing about 15 years ago...and stopped on by.