Scientific fraud revealed. Progressives hardest hit.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Scientific fraud revealed. Progressives hardest hit.

A study purporting to show that people’s views on gay marriage could change simply by meeting gay people has been retracted following revelations that its data was fabricated.

The study was published last December in Science, and prior to publication drew a great deal of attention from the American media. Vox, for instance, described the findings in the study as “kind of miraculous.” As it turns out, that’s exactly what they were, because they were apparently made up.

According to the study, people from communities hostile to gay marriage could have their opinions shift dramatically after spending just a few minutes speaking with a gay person who canvassed their neighborhood promoting gay marriage. Not only that, but this could have a spillover effect, making not just the people themselves more pro-gay but also other people who lived in the same household.

The study, among other things, lent support to the notion that those opposed to gay marriage simply don’t know or interact with open homosexuals. More broadly, it was seen as an important development in the science of how people can be convinced to change their minds on ideologically-charged issues.

geez Progressives cannot get ahead without lying ....

Hijinx

I know some very nice gay people. a couple who are very community oriented, nice people and pleasant.

But that doesn't change my mind about the homosexual act of invading the poop chute with their sexual organ, or women using various forms of phallus's on each other.
You can love the person and hate the act/. Marriage between two of these mentally ill people for legal reason, I have no problem with, calling it a marriage is a joke.

Marriage is between people two people of the opposite sex.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

That's pretty much why I changed my opinion on gays, I was forced by circumstances to interact with a few and I found them to be just people.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
That's pretty much why I changed my opinion on gays, I was forced by circumstances to interact with a few and I found them to be just people.

You should hang with some pedophiles, find out they're just regular people too.. maybe change your mind about them?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Or if it makes you feel better replace pedophile with rapist, muderer, gang member, felon or sex offender.

They're all just regular people..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You are fecked in the head.

Why? What part do you disagree with? Hang out with Homosexuals, you'll like them.

Same can be said with any group of people.. or are you to scared to admit that most criminals, perverts and addicts are regular people while they aren't actually in the act.

That being said, I have no issues with gay marriage, or gay anything, I just think this "argument" or theory is beyond ignorant.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Or if it makes you feel better replace pedophile with rapist, muderer, gang member, felon or sex offender.

They're all just regular people..

You're comparing consensual relationships with non-consensual crimes?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You're comparing consensual relationships with non-consensual crimes?

No, I'm comparing people, not comparing the Acts.. All of them are "regular" people, most of them are probably likable, sociable.. saying hanging out with a particular type of person will allow you to like them is ludicRous.

If the gay people you decide to hang out with are total #######s (I'm sure there are a few) should that change your positive opinion about gays as a whole?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You should hang with some pedophiles, find out they're just regular people too.. maybe change your mind about them?

Possibly, but I doubt I'd be able to seperate the consensual / non-consensual aspect.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
No, I'm comparing people, not comparing the Acts.. All of them are "regular" people, most of them are probably likable, sociable.. saying hanging out with a particular type of person will allow you to like them is ludicRous.

If the gay people you decide to hang out with are total #######s (I'm sure there are a few) should that change your positive opinion about gays as a whole?
Probably true, I've never met a gay #######.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

I worked with a number of gays at my last JOB ..... I still don't support 'Marriage' for them

this could all be handle with the expansion of rights [this is all we are talking about here - a status change when one gets married]

who can be put on ones medical insurance plan as a 'spouse or partner' - frankly I thought insurance companies had already expanded coverage for domestic partners .... gay or otherwise
who gets hospital visitation to the deathly ill anda dying
who gets inheritance - or has a right to the estate after someone dies - easily handled with a will :shrug: ; but yeah without a change in the law by default the estate would return to the parents or siblings if Steve dies with no will, Frank is left out
who gets Child Support or other maintenance ....
who gets the children if partners separate - again I would have thought the courts would have this ironed out on a case by case business when party A sues Party B for custody

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I worked with a number of gays at my last JOB ..... I still don't support 'Marriage' for them

this could all be handle with the expansion of rights [this is all we are talking about here - a status change when one gets married]

who can be put on ones medical insurance plan as a 'spouse or partner' - frankly I thought insurance companies had already expanded coverage for domestic partners .... gay or otherwise
who gets hospital visitation to the deathly ill anda dying
who gets inheritance - or has a right to the estate after someone dies - easily handled with a will :shrug: ; but yeah without a change in the law by default the estate would return to the parents or siblings if Steve dies with no will, Frank is left out
who gets Child Support or other maintenance ....
who gets the children if partners separate - again I would have thought the courts would have this ironed out on a case by case business when party A sues Party B for custody
I've had this discussion to want to have it again. I don't care what anyone else's opinion is because neither of ours is going to change and the discussion will be pointless.