Global Climate change POLL

Where are we headed in the next 30 years?

• Definitely warmer: Man Made CO2+=Disaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warmer, but natural cycle...problematic

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Cooler, but natural cycle...we'll adjust.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dangerously cooler... Socio-Economic concerns.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost negligible shifts: No real impact.

Votes: 10 47.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bavarian

Climate change is normal, has happened since the Earth was created. Humans don't control it, God does.
Happy Pentecost.

Hessian

I am intrigued by the sun-spot cycle connected to weather patterns. If you follow the discussion, we may be facing a repeat of the Dalton Minimum (1790-1820) where we had some VERY bitter winters. Roughly a 30 year cycle.

The problem with warming is the hysteria & the odd changing numbers.

Hessian

Intro to cooling theorists:
a) Connecting sun spots & chilling... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhxRU_mqUSY

b) International scientists ponder cooling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MARk49q5FFY&index=22&list=PL00u99IRraJtn38lgAequUjcZR_uFnkdY

c) Antarctic ice surpassing ALL expectations http://www.nasa.gov/content/goddard/antarctic-sea-ice-reaches-new-record-maximum
**Note,...the collapse of the Larsen B Ice shield helped excite "warmers" back in 2003. Today, that basin is solidly frozen in...hundreds of miles from open water.

d) Back in 2007,...the IPCC (& UN) were convinced that the Arctic would be ICE-FREE by 2013...they were horribly wrong. It has some thicker & broader dimensions: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...LING-Return-Arctic-ice-cap-grows-29-year.html

Since we experienced an abnormal winter this year,...some may say "El Nino" impacted us (it is just emerging now) or it was a fluke. Problem...what if we see a steady run of winters AS bad & worse than this year?

Odd ball trivia: As of May 10....1.4% of Lake Superior still was covered in ice. Things that make you go Hmmmm(?)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The issue, we are told, is CO2 levels now breaking the 400 ppm 'barrier' as though it is written that >400 ppm = DEATH

This is the dread pirate 'Greenhouse Gas' and it is a wonderful example of how repeating something that is wrong long enough will work to make it truth. First of all, greenhouses don't give off CO2. They give off O2, sometimes referred to as 'oxygen' so, the common reference of 'greenhouse gas' is wrong. 180 degrees wrong. Not a little wrong. Totally wrong. Second, greenhouses ABSORB CO2. Yes, that's right folks. Junior High biology, photosynthesis. Sun, water, a little food, warmth and we have...plants. That's what greenhouses are for, to grow green things. That absorb CO2 and give off...oxygen.

Further, the argument that 'greenhouse gases' means to 'trap' greenhouse gases, which don't come from greenhouses, back to CO2, is to not have ever been in a greenhouse. Ever. Greenhouse have vents. They are opened and closed as conditions require. It's great on a cold day. Or a rainy one. I'll grant you it's warm in the summer...when it's hot OUTSIDE. But, if we're talking about 'trapping' gases, a greenhouse is an awful example. They're leaky. They have VERY low insulation abilities. They're the last thing you'd choose as an example of trapping gases of any kind never mind ones they don't even produce.

So, back to CO2, plant growing stuff, as 'climate changer'. Again, photosynthesis, plants absorb CO2. They consume the carbon in it to grow. A greener planet needs CO2. Plants like CO2 all the way up to 1,000 ppm. Many plants will like it just fine beyond that. CO2 levels in your house are probably around 1,000.

So, the question we should be looking at is research on 'elevated' CO2 levels, exhaust gases if you'd like a snappy name, and the likely long term effect on the environment. Giving we've been looking at it completely wrong for some time now should mean lots of room and money to start looking at it scientifically instead of emotionally.

As a suggestion. :buddies:

Hessian

I am sure many of you who have kept up on the headlines realize the charges of fraud laid against the IPCC and many other agencies who have tinkered with the data (including NOAA). NASA has had to tread lightly too because they built their models on the same flawed Rhetoric-driven data) AND they are at the whim of our deluded President who flew to the Everglades on Earth Day (90,000 gallons of fuel) to lecture about the impending Man-Made warming.

So...disaster scenario: What if our Executive branch orders our military (ie the Coast Guard speech) to prepare for something...that is not coming in our lifetime?...And the actual crisis is coming from a totally different direction (ie: cooling).

Aside from that ponderous issue, I actually like the idea of a cooling phase...less erosion along our waterfronts, less AC in the summer, Value of mid Atlantic land rises as more wish to exit NY & New England.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
So...disaster scenario: What if our Executive branch orders our military (ie the Coast Guard speech) to prepare for something...that is not coming in our lifetime?...And the actual crisis is coming from a totally different direction (ie: cooling).

Meh. The SCOAMF will be gone soon; nonsense like that is reversible.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Aside from that ponderous issue, I actually like the idea of a cooling phase...less erosion along our waterfronts, less AC in the summer, Value of mid Atlantic land rises as more wish to exit NY & New England.

That does it for me. I'll sell my place here for a nice sum and move up to New England. Beautiful properties will be had for cheap, and my wife and I love cooler/colder weather. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So...disaster scenario: What if our Executive branch orders our military (ie the Coast Guard speech) to prepare for something...that is not coming in our lifetime?...And the actual crisis is coming from a totally different direction (ie: cooling). .

For one thing, we can't prepare for a Texas Flood let alone the Armageddon the chicken little's are calling for. It's absurd.
For two, that is completely correct; ANYTHING we do to prepare for something that science does NOT support is unintelligent and could easily be more harmful than doing NOTHING.

Science has allowed itself to be disgraced. That's not good for anyone.

PsyOps

Pixelated

These are the things that bother me about this president. Everything is a national security issue. Of course, lest we forget about the fact that “we cannot continue to rely only on our military in order to achieve the national security objectives that we’ve set. We’ve got to have a civilian national security force that’s just as powerful, just as strong, just as well-funded.”

Does Obama say these things with any real expectation that he would deploy our military to combat global warming? How does that work? Does he send troops door-to-door forcing everyone to set their thermostats to 68 in the winter and 79 in the summer? Do the troops go to all the coal power plants, M4s drawn, shut them down then blow them up with drones? Does he use the military to confiscate all trucks larger than a Chevy Colorado and SUVs larger than a Honda CRV? No casual or personal driving between the hours of 10pm to 5am? Rations on gasoline? Rations on natural gas? No more coal anywhere?

Or is he just full of #### trying to scare everyone into believing it must be true if he’s willing to deploy the military?

PsyOps

Pixelated
For one thing, we can't prepare for a Texas Flood let alone the Armageddon the chicken little's are calling for. It's absurd.
For two, that is completely correct; ANYTHING we do to prepare for something that science does NOT support is unintelligent and could easily be more harmful than doing NOTHING.

Science has allowed itself to be disgraced. That's not good for anyone.

To talk about this with any sort of belief Obama is aimed at combating global warming is absurd. What Obama wants to do has nothing to do with combating anything other than WE - THE PEOPLE. It's about control. Like the ACA... it's about controlling us. Gun CONTROL, is about controlling people not guns. The IRS, NSA, Patriot Act, on and on and on............ control the people.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
To talk about this with any sort of belief Obama is aimed at combating global warming is absurd. What Obama wants to do has nothing to do with combating anything other than WE - THE PEOPLE. It's about control. Like the ACA... it's about controlling us. Gun CONTROL, is about controlling people not guns. The IRS, NSA, Patriot Act, on and on and on............ control the people.

See, that I'm no so sure of. A LOT of people sincerely don't seem to have the first clue about CO2 other than it played the role of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz and wear a hockey mask in slasher flicks.

PsyOps

Pixelated
See, that I'm no so sure of. A LOT of people sincerely don't seem to have the first clue about CO2 other than it played the role of the flying monkeys in the Wizard of Oz and wear a hockey mask in slasher flicks.

You think Obama knows the first thing about CO2?

I mentioned this a long time ago... I watched a show (don't remember the name) on the Science Channel. It was about the largest dinosaurs that ever roams the earth. They were so massive that they didn't have a normal respiratory system. Their respiratory system was built into their skeletal system. This allowed them to more efficiently process oxygen. The thing they couldn't figure out was how they got so big. Their theory was, there was an excessive amount of CO2 due to global warming, causing plant life to be enormously larger. The dinosaurs evolved with this plant growth in order to reach the higher more tender leaves. So, they did an experiment. They set up a lab with plants to see how they would grow with excessive CO2. They not only grew bigger, but bushier, and faster. And guess what the counter result was? An exponential increased output of O2. This resulted in an eventual decrease in plant size, and cooling, which would have resulted in animal life decreasing in size.

While they were trying to study the evolution of the dinosaurs, they accidentally discovered that an increase in CO2 due to warming, would eventually result in cooling because of the increased plant life. Funny how this earth works eh? It's own built in balancing mechanism to combat anything extreme. It has been this way for millions of years going through warming and cooling on its own, just as nature designed it. And evil old man does not have the power to change that.

Hessian

And NASA admits...
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesta...d-nasa-data-polar-ice-not-receding-after-all/

The parameters for the study (1979---X) skewed accurate findings. Thus, the Warming alarmists again miscalculated actual loss.

Regarding obama...his modis operandi has always been: CRISIS!!...and if there is none,...BREAK THE SYSTEM!...thus the man who never built anything gets to "rebuild" it from the ruins. ie Healthcare...manufacture the crisis,...then create a crappy unworkable solution that will collapse it totally. Choke off our Coal production, cap drilling on federal land, kill the pipeline--all to create an energy crisis (that generally fizzled)...How about Cash for clunkers? Remove the market of used cars to create an artificial shortage while bankrupting the funds & closing dealerships...TaDaaa! Force auto manufacturers to depend on MORE government.

So...since we did NOT go with Kyoto, and the military annoys the hell out of him: use the d@mn pen to create more regulations on our fuel usage in the military, cut exercises, force them to practice humanitarian drills based on flooding, and order them to write policy based on mythical warming.--manufactured crisis.

The obama legacy: manufactured crisis with dysfunctional solutions & always somebody else to blame....He is a #1 tool.

Hessian

Update: Lake Placid NY Wednesday morning...will dip in the mid 30 degree range.
We are less than three weeks till summer solstice. I find this unsettling. Family in central Maine report similar temps.
Thoughts?