Happy To Be Here.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
LINK

"The first thing you need to know about secure psychiatric facilities is that their bathrooms smell strongly of pee.

That may not seem remarkable to you. Many bathrooms smell of pee.

But the facility in which I was a guest this time last year was notably immaculate in every other way. A lot of time and attention went towards making it clean and welcoming. Yet the private bathrooms — one to a two-person dorm room, no lock — always smelled of pee.

That's because there's an elaborate metal cage built around the workings of the toilet, like one of those Hannibal Lecter masks. This makes the toilets very difficult to clean. Hence, the constant smell of pee.

The people who run the facility protect the toilets like that so that you won't disassemble them and use the pieces to hurt yourself. My wife would tell them that this concern dramatically overestimates my home improvement skills, but I guess they want to be careful.

It seems to me that if you take the time and effort to disassemble a toilet with your bare hands, you're committed enough to be allowed to do to yourself as you see fit. To date my view has not prevailed in the psychiatric community."

RPMDAD

I am glad you are finally out of there. I hope you are feeling better. Please don't pee in your pants. good luck to you

BOP

We had wondered a while back where you had gotten off to, nonothing. We couldn't decide if you'd ran off to join ISIS, had gone to the riots in Mob Town to serve as a "camp follower," had gotten yourself arrested for sex in public with small furry animals, or what. Good to know you were safe and well cared for.

Congratulations on your 28 days. :buddies: