Ohio Gov Kasich looks to announce this summer...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
[h=1]Ohio Gov. Kasich looks to announce 2016 presidential bid this summer[/h]
Ohio Gov. John Kasich, who has been actively gauging reactions to a possible campaign for president in 2016, is now moving rapidly to assemble the staff and financial resources for such a bid and is looking to declare his candidacy sometime after June 30, according to knowledgeable Republicans.
I’m not worried about standing out,” Kasich said in a recent interview. “What I have over the rest of the field is experience that no one else has — national security, legislative and now I’m the executive.”

If he runs, Kasich, 63, would join at least 16 other declared candidates by the time of the first debate in August, including half a dozen current or former governors. The timing of Kasich’s announcement is tied to his desire to assure himself that he is prepared to run a competitive race.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...2a70a6-0495-11e5-a428-c984eb077d4e_story.html

I could easily vote for John Kasich in the primary over any other GOP candidate at this point. :yay:

Last edited:

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
I can't wait. God has a great sense of humor:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/ohio-john-kasich-awaits-god-2016-presidential-bid-117120.html

Ohio Gov. John Kasich continued to signal his increasing interest in running for president Sunday, saying he’s waiting for a signal from God before making the call.

If god is real and he does speak to these politicians, how does he reconcile telling more than Republican to run? Surely he told that odd looking man Mike Huckabee to run. Ditto with Rick Santorum. Doesn't that seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest?

Anyone who is running for president because god told him to should be considered a sociopath and summarily ignored.

PeoplesElbow

I can't wait. God has a great sense of humor:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/ohio-john-kasich-awaits-god-2016-presidential-bid-117120.html

If god is real and he does speak to these politicians, how does he reconcile telling more than Republican to run? Surely he told that odd looking man Mike Huckabee to run. Ditto with Rick Santorum. Doesn't that seem to be a bit of a conflict of interest?

Anyone who is running for president because god told him to should be considered a sociopath and summarily ignored.

Ever tell someone to interview for a job that had no chance of getting the job? Sometimes it is the journey that matters and is important.

Hijinx

he has also angered conservative Republicans with his decision to accept an expansion of the Medicaid program under Obamacare. He has also supported the Common Core educational standards, something derided by some conservatives as "Obamacore."

"I love John Kasich," said Boehner. "We play golf together."

Kasich successfully worked with legislators to impose new restrictions on abortion, cutting funding for Planned Parenthood and requiring women to undergo ultrasound testing. He also approved requirements for abortion clinics to have transfer agreements with hospitals -- but barred public hospitals from entering into such agreements. All of these restrictions have cut the number of abortion providers in Ohio in half.

Some good ,some bad, He has a lot of competition.

Bann

PREMO Member
Some good ,some bad, He has a lot of competition.

I'm not directing this at you (Hijinx) in particular - just using your post as a starting point, because I know that many will say just that.

They all have some good and some bad. There is no one perfect candidate in the race. Certainly not one that every Conservative and/or Republican voter and/or Democrat voters would automatically vote for.

For me, John Kasich has a very good track record and experience from which to draw on. He's been in the state senate, a very successful congressman and then as Governor. He is a well-rounded candidate with a successful history and body of work which, I think, gives him considerable electability.

Kasich’s calling cards, these Republicans say, will be a record of fiscal conservatism, both as House Budget Committee chairman and as governor of a big and politically important state; national security credentials as a former member of the House Armed Services Committee; and a faith-based focus on programs and policies to help those most in need that advisers think could set him apart from competitors.

Kasich, who defeated a sitting governor in 2010 and easily won reelection last November, has received considerable attention for declaring that he would like to chart a new course for the Republican Party, one that is more compassionate and less confrontational. Republicans who know him well say they think he would present himself as a problem-solving fiscal conservative who helped balance the federal budget as a House member and who erased a sizable deficit in Ohio.

“I’ve always said the party is my vehicle and not my master,” he said. “I’m a Republican, I’m a conservative, but I want to talk to people about what I think will help the country.”

PLUS (and not necessarily the least of that which forms my opinion) my aunt, who was born and raised in Akron, Ohio and has lived in OH for her entire life AND is a lifelong registered Democrat, who voted for Obamalamadingdong TWICE - voted for John Kasich last November. So did her husband, also a lifetime Democrat. :yay: That's saying something right there. :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member
Kasich said he will talk less about his vision for the future and more about his record. “Everyone can talk about what they want to do, but the most important thing is what have you actually done?” he said. “What have you accomplished? If people are bored by it, well, they’ll have to put up with it while I give them the résumé. They need to know.”

Before serving as the Congressman for the Columbus district, Kasich was also served in the Ohio Senate. I think that shows a very long history of being able to connect with folks at the very closest level and working for the best interests of those people he represented. :yay:

Early political career

In 1978, Kasich was elected to the Ohio Senate, representing the 15th district, after defeating Democratic incumbent Robert O'Shaughnessy with 56% of the vote.[19] At age 26, Kasich was the youngest person ever elected to the Ohio Senate.[20] One of his first acts as a state senator was to refuse a pay raise.[21][22]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Kasich

Hijinx

I am certainly not against Kasich. I just looked around and found a few things that he stands for or against.

You are right there is no perfect candidate. It is amazing to me that Republicans have so many candidates,and the Democrats have so few.
I might add that the ones the Democrats have should be anathema to all Americans.

Hillary's record would make a buzzard vomit.
The Faux Indian with absolutely no experience in anything but teaching law.
And O'Mally Good gawd, how can anyone look at Maryland and want to put this dick in the WH?

The Republican candidates, even the ones I don't like are head and shoulders above anything offered by the Democrats.