The fish whisperer

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Got on the water later in the afternoon yesterday. We tried and beat the predicted rainstorm. Within the first 10 minutes in the boat we had our first fish over the side.
It was a sunny day and overall slow on the water. We fished for about 2 hours. Final tally was 3 fish with 2 bluegill and 1 bass. I got outfished but luckily the boat catches the fish. I had what was probably the largest fish that lives in that pond on the end of my line for a nanosecond. The fish went airborne and threw the hook. At least we got a good look at it before it disappeared. I may spend the rest of the summer trying to recapture Grandpa.

fish.jpg

Agee

Got on the water later in the afternoon yesterday. We tried and beat the predicted rainstorm. Within the first 10 minutes in the boat we had our first fish over the side.
It was a sunny day and overall slow on the water. We fished for about 2 hours. Final tally was 3 fish with 2 bluegill and 1 bass. I got outfished but luckily the boat catches the fish. I had what was probably the largest fish that lives in that pond on the end of my line for a nanosecond. The fish went airborne and threw the hook. At least we got a good look at it before it disappeared. I may spend the rest of the summer trying to recapture Grandpa.

View attachment 108374

fish on, good on ya! Nice PFD...

btw, did your fishing buddy have her tablet/laptop in the boat? :wink:

NextJen

Raisin cane
It's always relaxing to go fishing, even if you only catch some sun! I caught this nice cat recently in Port Tobacco on a day off from work. It might look really big, but it's the close up camera angle. It was probably about 2 lbs.

Attachments

• catfish.jpg
    catfish.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 219

PJay

It's always relaxing to go fishing, even if you only catch some sun! I caught this nice cat recently in Port Tobacco on a day off from work. It might look really big, but it's the close up camera angle. It was probably about 2 lbs.

Agree! Love your picture!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Still a pretty big fish. :yay:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Still a pretty big fish. :yay:

If you look in the bottom left of the picture you'll see the shadow of me taking the picture and the fish....I think the shadow of the fish looks like a frog.
If you like catfish, you should PM me sometime to see if we are down at Port Tobacco on a weekend and sit and fish with us....or take the boat out.

PJay

If you look in the bottom left of the picture you'll see the shadow of me taking the picture and the fish....I think the shadow of the fish looks like a frog.
If you like catfish, you should PM me sometime to see if we are down at Port Tobacco on a weekend and sit and fish with us....or take the boat out.

It does! Neat. And the other shadow on the water looks like a big freshly baked pretzel..or maybe it does because being hungry...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I would love to do that and so would Monello! Let us know next time you're going.

NextJen

Raisin cane
It does! Neat. And the other shadow on the water looks like a big freshly baked pretzel..or maybe it does because being hungry...

Ha, ha! Pretzel in this thread, curly fries in another thread! You need dinner soon!
(That other shadow is a wooden post with decor on it - now I will think of it as a pretzel)