Backup on the Thomas Johnson Bridge

bchiker

There is a disabled dump truck at the top of the bridge. The driver is alternating the traffic for now so the backup is still small. No telling what will happen later.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What is with that bridge? If someone is going to break down, chances are good it will happen right at the top of the bridge. If someone is going to smash into someone else, it will be on the bridge...at rush hour.

I think the bridge is possessed. There are 300 quadrillion spots in SoMD where you can get in a wreck or break down, and the bridge seems to have more than its statistical share.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What is with that bridge? If someone is going to break down, chances are good it will happen right at the top of the bridge. If someone is going to smash into someone else, it will be on the bridge...at rush hour.

I think the bridge is possessed. There are 300 quadrillion spots in SoMD where you can get in a wreck or break down, and the bridge seems to have more than its statistical share.

And 300 quadrillion break downs happen in other places but none of them are noteworthy because they don't happen at the top of a two lane bridge with no shoulders that shuts down the universe when the inevitable happens.

Patton would just shoot it and have it thrown over the side. Pretty soon, there'd be so many dead vehicles under neath that you could cross the water on a bridge of dead cars and trucks.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
They used to keep a tow truck at the facility at the base of the bridge. Should be able to get it clear soon.

stew77

Part of the problem is the people who are for want of another reason, are scared to go over it. The speed up to it and then, slow down impeeAniother problem is funneling two (or 4 ding traffic on the bridge. Watch them... they are scared to travel the speed limit over the bridge; they need to realize that if the bridge falls... there is absoultely NOTHING they could do!! Lead, Follow or get the "hell" out of the way..! Do you honestly think, another 2 lane bridge that parallels that one will be any better? I personally want to get over it as soon as possible and can't stand people who slow down, or even stop at the bottom of both sides because they are "scared", or not able to navigate correctly. Do you think this is patrolled by traffic police.. nope. They just wait till something bad happens and traffic backs up. Glad I never bought in Calvert Cty. Another problem is funnelling 2 (or 4) lane traffic into 2. NO ONE knows how to merge correctly, you can see it on the way down 235 to the base even (gate 1 or 2).

Nuff said.!

Agee

They used to keep a tow truck at the facility at the base of the bridge. Should be able to get it clear soon.

dandy,

good luck though, using a standard tow truck if the truck is hauling a full load, just saying...

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You could run this same thread every work day during rush hour. Some days are worse than others but mostly it's slow for no apparent reason.

Rt235

What's with these massive number of dump trucks? What are they hauling to or from Calvert?

And best line of the day..Airgasm's, "you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel…" LOL!!!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What's with these massive number of dump trucks? What are they hauling to or from Calvert?

And best line of the day..Airgasm's, "you picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel…" LOL!!!!!

They are hauling stuff to the new plant in Calvert.

mitzi

I'm sick of the dump trunks. The other day I got wedged between them again. Are they supposed to stay in the slower lane? They take up both lanes and you can't get around them. Rant over (for now).