Racist amateur legal hack..

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Without sounding "racist", why to black women straighten their hair, with some coloring it, to look more like white women? Or add that free flowing, catch the breeze, type extensions? Why don't they embrace their black (African) heritage and stay natural? Many condemn the white person, yet want to emulate them. Why? Any black women here that can answer that?

If I may ...

Without sounding "racist", why to black women straighten their hair, with some coloring it, to look more like white women? Or add that free flowing, catch the breeze, type extensions? Why don't they embrace their black (African) heritage and stay natural? Many condemn the white person, yet want to emulate them. Why? Any black women here that can answer that?
You assume it's only the black women who do that... I know many, many a white woman with nappy hair that does it daily.

Hijinx

If I may ...

Why do white boys wear their pants down under their ass, use the words MF all the time and play their music too loud.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...
You assume it's only the black women who do that... I know many, many a white woman with nappy hair that does it daily.
Not assuming anything. Was just trying to ask a question without trying to sound insensitive.

Why do white boys wear their pants down under their ass, use the words MF all the time and play their music too loud.
I don't know. Why do they? Is it because their parents are the same way? Because they are raging against authority? Why did young white men in the past, 50s, 60s, 70s, used to wear Chuck Taylors, Peters jackets and slick their hair back? To get attention? To be bad asses? Or was it a rhetorical question?

tblwdc

If I may ...

I guess for the same reason Caucasian people tan, or get a perm, or Botox for their face. People want to look different to enhance their appearance, or believe they are enhancing their appearance.

Unfortunately, to me you sound racist despite meaning to or not.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
Unfortunately, to me you sound racist despite meaning to or not.
If I may ...

Bravo Gilligan. If I have to preface a conversation stating that what I'm about to write is not racist to appease those bent in a permanent state of being offended, well, ... Yes, it is unfortunate that you are so morally superior as to identify anything and everything written as having a racist tone and to then proclaim boldly, proudly, and at the same time, trying to identify yourself as enlightened of all things race related, that you are not a racist by the mere fact that you have outed someone for the possibility that they are. Kudos. Well done.

tblwdc

If I may ...

Bravo Gilligan. If I have to preface a conversation stating that what I'm about to write is not racist to appease those bent in a permanent state of being offended, well, ... Yes, it is unfortunate that you are so morally superior as to identify anything and everything written as having a racist tone and to then proclaim boldly, proudly, and at the same time, trying to identify yourself as enlightened of all things race related, that you are not a racist by the mere fact that you have outed someone for the possibility that they are. Kudos. Well done.

Not everything written has a racist tone, but when you label people doing something and make an assumption they are doing that thing based on their race, well, that is racist. People are individuals and when you lump them into a category because of the color of their skin, then again, that is racist. There are plenty of white people who straighten their hair and color it a different color, but you aren't here saying anything derogatory about them now are you?