Military EO training mentions "White Privilege"

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'm so glad my time in the service is over. 1 more crutch for underachievers.

A controversial 600-plus page manual used by the military to train its Equal Opportunity officers teaches that "healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian" men hold an unfair advantage over other races, and warns in great detail about a so-called "White Male Club."

“Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege,” reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).

The subject of white privilege emerged in a 20-page section titled, “Power and Privilege.”

“Whites are the empowered group,” the manual declares. “White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots.”
The military document advises personnel to “assume racism is everywhere, every day” and “notice code words for race.” They are also instructed to “understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism.”

“Assume racism is everywhere, everyday,” read a statement in a section titled, ‘How to be a strong 'white ally.'"

Yada, yada, blah, blah, blah

oldman

Lobster Land
We've got to many idiots in and running this country. I think that pretty much sums it up.

edinsomd

It's all good. The Diversity and Inclusiveness police have it covered,

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:04 PM
Subject: LGBT Pride Month event: 2 June

All hands,

NAVAIR is hosting a national Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month event on Tuesday, 2 June, from 1300-1400 at the River’s Edge Conference Center in Patuxent River and via national video teleconference. This event features keynote speaker Brigadier General Tammy Smith, deputy chief of staff, Army Reserve, who will provide a multifaceted perspective on identity and help us look beyond preconceived notions of gender and societal roles. To read the Department of Defense memo regarding Pride Month, visit https://mynavair.navair.navy.mil/links/DoDLGBTPrideMonth.

Thank you,

Total Force Strategy & Management Department

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It's all good. The Diversity and Inclusiveness police have it covered,

Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2015 12:04 PM
Subject: LGBT Pride Month event: 2 June

All hands,

NAVAIR is hosting a national Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride Month event on Tuesday, 2 June, from 1300-1400 at the River’s Edge Conference Center in Patuxent River and via national video teleconference. This event features keynote speaker Brigadier General Tammy Smith, deputy chief of staff, Army Reserve, who will provide a multifaceted perspective on identity and help us look beyond preconceived notions of gender and societal roles. To read the Department of Defense memo regarding Pride Month, visit https://mynavair.navair.navy.mil/links/DoDLGBTPrideMonth.

Thank you,

Total Force Strategy & Management Department

So did anyone go to this? How was it? I bet Brad Manning got a woody just thinking about this.

jvohden

Quit your ####ing bitching. You got better benefits than more than 90% of federal employees. Free healthcare, a free housing subsidy whether you live on base or have an apartment at the Watergate. The Government in all intensive purposes pays your rent on the back of US tax payers. I'm sorry if your legs were blown off in Iraq but you signed up and knew the risks and believed the BS from George Bush. Don't expect me to support you for the rest of your life because you were too naive of geo-political politics in 1991. I'm not your enemy. And I feel no responsibility to support you through my taxes. Ask George Bush for appropriate compensation. BTW, GW's two daughters never served in the military. They seemed to be the right age (over 18) healthy, intelligent. Certainly able to handle an M4 Carbine or drive a truck. jt20639@yahoo.com

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'll add you to my prayer list. It appears you could use a good dose of His peace. I hope you find relief from whatever burden you carry, that causes this hostility towards our enlisted folks and others.

:peace:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Quit your ####ing bitching. You got better benefits than more than 90% of federal employees. Free healthcare, a free housing subsidy whether you live on base or have an apartment at the Watergate. The Government in all intensive purposes pays your rent on the back of US tax payers. I'm sorry if your legs were blown off in Iraq but you signed up and knew the risks and believed the BS from George Bush. Don't expect me to support you for the rest of your life because you were too naive of geo-political politics in 1991. I'm not your enemy. And I feel no responsibility to support you through my taxes. Ask George Bush for appropriate compensation. BTW, GW's two daughters never served in the military. They seemed to be the right age (over 18) healthy, intelligent. Certainly able to handle an M4 Carbine or drive a truck. jt20639@yahoo.com

Wow. And how do you feel about all the other military from past wars that kept your butt free? If you are a wounded warrior, I am sorry. Our government doesn't do enough for our military and they seem forgotten at times. It would have been great if Obama had some military experience as POTUS, as the majority of his predecessors did. Or, Kerry, or Jarrett or whovever. Why would you think that Bush's daughters needed to be in the military. I am sure Obama is counseling his daughters to go in the military as soon as they grad from High School. :lol: And, how do you feel about the men and women that died for you because of their choice to join. How do you feel about when there was no choice because there was a mandatory draft? How do you feel about the people that are on welfare and the majority of which do absolutely nothing for our country expect bleed it dry? So to speak. There are over 11 million of them, and over 41 million on food stamps, etc. I wonder what they would think of MRE's to eat when not even defending our country. SMH. Welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

NextJen

Raisin cane

It's 'for all intents and purposes', not "in all intensive purposes".
YW