Commisoner President Race

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not only that but what's up with Democrats and their "creative spelling" issues? Normally the spell-checker Nazis only irritate me but to stump for a candidate whose office you can't even spell is just too much.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Not only that but what's up with Democrats and their "creative spelling" issues? Normally the spell-checker Nazis only irritate me but to stump for a candidate whose office you can't even spell is just too much.

I always thought presentation and marketing was half of the election. Just look - the people with the best/most signs won at least 2 of the races. (ie. Joe Gass and David Zylak.) So, poor speeling :biggrin: sure doesn't help the cause!

smcdem

Sorry!

ha, sorry about the spelling!!! hey we all aren't perfect. Anyway, someone tell me why I should support Mckay.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's okay - some of my best friends are terrible spellers. :lol:

And you SHOULDN'T support McKay if that's not who you like. I'd like you to go deeper on why you support Julie Randall.

smcdem

I support her because...

I am big into education. In education I see Julie Randall as a better leader. Her experience in the field (on the school board) and her budget priorites are in order. What is it 7 or 8 school have been renovated since she has been in office? Most of these funds are from the county too. She really has the leadership qualitys in the field that surpass Mckay. I also help out on her campiagn, you can privately message me to find out what it is.

Terp Fan

This is what he says in his literature:

"Education - Our children are our future. We must insist that our children receive the best education possible. We must focus our spending to the classroom. We need to enhance our curriculum and facilities toward science and technology areas so that our young people will be encouraged to pursue higher education in these areas."

Check out www.dnet.org for more enlightening information on the issues.

K

Kain99

Impressed!

Wow! talk about having your facts straight! Way to go Terp Fan..... :biggrin:

urfullofit

Elect a leader, Preserve the past, Embrace the future
To do this we must find a real leader, most of the funding for the remodeling of schools came from the State of Maryland. She and a few others on the board took our tax money and invested it in a piece of swamp land and called it "Tee Off at The MacIntosh". I am sure that it will be a big success if you add a can of insect repellent. The agreement was that the private owner was to come up with x-amount of personal contributions,then the county would put up a bond for the rest . This did'nt happen so to help out their fellow developer they dumped a pile of county$$$$$ and of course our wonderful governor chipped in. So I guess it is safe to say I have helped pay for it twice. Thanks to Julie,Joe,Tommy,Shelby and Paris. I am all for education but they need to be held accountable for all the $$$$$$$$ the board of education spends. Of course they are always asking for more before the fiscal year has even ended.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Well, you have a point. Most of the school renovation money does NOT come from the county. It comes from the state, about 60 to 70 percent per renovation.

The plan to renovate the county schools has been in place for about 10 years, so I don't believe Randall deserves most of the credit. These renovations are occuring because years ago, Maryland wouldn't approve plans to add new schools. I didn't agree with the state's decision. Many St. Mary's schools are in locations that were fine 30 years ago. But development patterns have created the need for schools elsewhere. Examples: Mechanicsville, Dynard, Banneker, Piney Point. And where has the development occurred? Miles away in Breton Bay, Wildewood, Country Lakes, Golden Beach, Wilderness Run/Chestnut Ridge. Some of these developers promised residents that new schools would be built in these subdivisions. But for a number of reasons, that didn't happen.

Delilah903

WALK WITH ME.....TALK WITH ME.....

Originally posted by smcdem
Sure he can talk, but Julie has walked!

I agree that Julie can walk the walk but if we, as taxpayers, continue to walk with her, by the time you are dry behind the ears, owning a new home in St. Mary's County will be a pipe dream for you and others of your generation.

I firmly believe that we spend enough money in the County for education. Unfortunately, not very much of this money finds its way to the classroom. Just how many administrators does it take to run a school system??? What about the salary disparity between these administrators and the average teacher????

Delilah903

"ROCK AND A HARD PLACE"

Originally posted by cariblue

And the alternative is possibly a thief. Of course, we don't know this because he won't respond to the allegations.

How right you are Cariblu!!! See why I question whether my vote will really matter?

I guess either way, they're going to get all of our hard earned money!!

:mad:

K

Kain99

Re: "ROCK AND A HARD PLACE"

Originally posted by Delilah903

How right you are Cariblu!!! See why I question whether my vote will really matter?
:mad:

You did not just say that!!!

1845 - ONE vote brought Texas into the Union

1868 - ONE vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment

1876 - ONE vote gave Rutherford Hayes the presidency of the United States

1939 - ONE vote passed the selective service act

1960 - ONE vote per precinct elected John F. Kennedy President

1978 - ONE vote elected Tim Kelly to his Senate seat in District F

1982 - TWO votes gave the nomination for State Senate in District J to David McCracken in the Primary Election

1984 - ONE vote gave Mary Ratcliff the nomination for State Representative of House District 12 in the Primary Election

1994 - ONE vote per precinct elected Tony Knowles as Governor and Fran Ulmer as Lt.Governor of Alaska out of 216,668 votes cast in the General Election

1996 - ONE vote gave Ann Spohnholz the nomination for State Representative of House District 21 in the Primary Election

1999 - A TIE was broken by a flip of the coin to elect Larry Wilson to a school board seat in the Bering Strait School District

You vote will definitely matter:cheesy:

Delilah903

"EITHER WAY'

Originally posted by Kain99

You did not just say that!!!

1845 - ONE vote brought Texas into the Union

1868 - ONE vote saved President Andrew Johnson from impeachment

1876 - ONE vote gave Rutherford Hayes the presidency of the United States

1939 - ONE vote passed the selective service act

1960 - ONE vote per precinct elected John F. Kennedy President

1978 - ONE vote elected Tim Kelly to his Senate seat in District F

1982 - TWO votes gave the nomination for State Senate in District J to David McCracken in the Primary Election

1984 - ONE vote gave Mary Ratcliff the nomination for State Representative of House District 12 in the Primary Election

1994 - ONE vote per precinct elected Tony Knowles as Governor and Fran Ulmer as Lt.Governor of Alaska out of 216,668 votes cast in the General Election

1996 - ONE vote gave Ann Spohnholz the nomination for State Representative of House District 21 in the Primary Election

1999 - A TIE was broken by a flip of the coin to elect Larry Wilson to a school board seat in the Bering Strait School District

You vote will definitely matter:cheesy:

Kain,

I'm not questioning whether my vote will count, I'm only stating that whether Julie or Tommy Boy get elected, the after effects will be pathetic. Who do you think we would be better off with???

I personally don't feel that we have much of a choice. On the one hand we have Julie and her record of spend...spend...spend and on the other hand we have Tommy Boy and his record of........??......??

:barf: :barf:

K

Kain99

Typical!

This is what happens when I try to do more than one thing at a time! Sorry D.. I have a feeling that this is going to be another dumb blonde day...Uggh!:cheers:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
There is still hope that Rocky Rowland will do the write in campaign, he has until October 30 to file.

DRAFT ROCKY, DRAFT ROCKY