New Restaurant in Jaspers Building

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
As a pizza snob, I don't think you can find a better way to cook a pizza than a brick oven. The crust is always crunchy on the outside with a chewy center. And the high heat cooks the pizza fast. Arizona pizza in L'town had a brick oven but they didn't last too long.

Isabella's in Little Italy does a nice job even though the place is quite small.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Arizona pizza in L'town had a brick oven but they didn't last too long.

That...we used to go there regularly. That location has been the kiss of death for so many that tried to operate there.

Last edited:

bilbur

same for the place in Wildewood (Irish Pub), both ex-Perkins...

I miss Perkins, used to eat there after high school and collage parties. I bet they would do great here the way the county is now if they got a good location.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
same for the place in Wildewood (Irish Pub), both ex-Perkins...

Yep. And isn't that pub closed now too? I've heard good things about the Vietnamese restaurant that is in the L'town Perkins location now...been wanting to try it out.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
As a pizza snob, I don't think you can find a better way to cook a pizza than a brick oven. The crust is always crunchy on the outside with a chewy center. And the high heat cooks the pizza fast. Arizona pizza in L'town had a brick oven but they didn't last too long.

Isabella's in Little Italy does a nice job even though the place is quite small.

Ruddy Duck

Agee

Yep. And isn't that pub closed now too? I've heard good things about the Vietnamese restaurant that is in the L'town Perkins location now...been wanting to try it out.

Yes, up for sale, there you go, "Gilligan's" has a nice ring to it. "Vietnamese" in L-town, sweet...

Elements also has wood fired pizzas.

The old Tides? how is it?

PsyOps

Pixelated
This is the third restaurant in this building. Now they are putting a pizza place there, right across the street from 3 Brothers? If Jaspers couldn't survive there I don't know what will.

Hank

my war
This is the third restaurant in this building. Now they are putting a pizza place there, right across the street from 3 Brothers? If Jaspers couldn't survive there I don't know what will.

I wouldn't even count the last one. That was a cluster#### of poor management/ownership.

I will patronize the new place just because I really like the bar area, especially for sports. Hopefully they won't cheap out like the previous owners and get the NFL package. I can't tell you howm many times someone walked in asking if they had it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I wouldn't even count the last one. That was a cluster#### of poor management/ownership.

I will patronize the new place just because I really like the bar area, especially for sports. Hopefully they won't cheap out like the previous owners and get the NFL package. I can't tell you howm many times someone walked in asking if they had it.

You'd like Gordon Bierscht

In door / Out door bar with a restaurant and brewery. Multiple games on a nice fall Sunday afternoon.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

Never went there for the sports, but they have a nice bar area. I disliked the Plaza Azteca service, food, etc. though, so I agree with you there, too. Plus, we have 3 Mexican restaurants in the vicinty already.

Will be interested in trying this new place, brick oven wood fire cooked food sounds good! :getdown:

Hank

my war
Never went there for the sports, but they have a nice bar area. I disliked the Plaza Azteca service, food, etc. though, so I agree with you there, too. Plus, we have 3 Mexican restaurants in the vicinty already.

Will be interested in trying this new place, brick oven wood fire cooked food sounds good! :getdown:

This area desperately needs something different. Hopefully this will be it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hate them already because they don't have a proper website and they don't have a menu online.