The Price of Freedom MusicFest 2015!

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Come one, came all to our annual fundraiser featuring local music. This year's beneficiary is Special Olympics of St. Mary's County.http://www.stmarysso.org/

11393029_619897858147193_8759977572184923435_o.jpg

H

Hodr

Looks like a good time, and supports a worthy cause, but what's with the name? It would make sense if it were in support of the military, or victims of terrorist actions (9/11 first responders maybe), or even if the theme was willingness to come together for a fun event in the face of threats (I.E. not letting terrorists keep us from living our lives).

But what I see is a music festival, sponsored by a local fraternal order and a car dealership, in support of Special Olympics? Other than the big flag on the flyer, where is the tie-in to the "Price of Freedom"?

----EDIT BELOW----

Just to be clear, I think this is a good event and a great cause, please don't mistake that.

I just question the name.

I mean, I wouldn't organize a walk for breast cancer awareness and call it the "Patriot's walk for Freedom and Democracy".

Last edited by a moderator:

Grumpy

But what I see is a music festival, sponsored by a local fraternal order and a car dealership, in support of Special Olympics? Other than the big flag on the flyer, where is the tie-in to the "Price of Freedom"?

As its the "4th" annual Price of Freedom Concert, perhaps the 1st benefitted the military and the Optimist's club just continued the name with a different beneficiary each year.

H

Hodr

As its the "4th" annual Price of Freedom Concert, perhaps the 1st benefitted the military and the Optimist's club just continued the name with a different beneficiary each year.

Good point Grumpy, that makes a lot of sense and you are likely correct. Without that link it just felt to me like trying to cash in on our patriotism.

kom526

Grumpy is absolutely correct. Our first event was to benefit the Wounded Warrior Foundation but we instead helped a local wounded warrior with funds to modify his house for wheelchair accessibility.

We thought about changing the name this year but after 3 years it has become that name.

Last edited:

kom526

Shocker! Cancelled. Head over to Fitzie's to see some of the bands play. :gossip: says SG might even play.