Fallout 4

BOP

Does Bethesda have an input site where fans can detail what they'd like to see and not see in the game?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Does Bethesda have an input site where fans can detail what they'd like to see and not see in the game?

not that I am aware of .... PC Gamer has published just such and article in the last couple of days

BOP

I'm not sure what the resistance to vehicles is. Lots of people over many threads I've read are against it. The most common argument is that having a vehicle can help you avoid random encounters. Well, duh! In Fallout 2, that was one of the very few truly safe places to keep your crap, was in the trunk of your Highwayman.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not sure what the resistance to vehicles is. Lots of people over many threads I've read are against it. The most common argument is that having a vehicle can help you avoid random encounters. Well, duh! In Fallout 2, that was one of the very few truly safe places to keep your crap, was in the trunk of your Highwayman.

Indeed ... that was great space for extra ammo

admittedly fast travel allows one to by-pass random encounters .... yes you have to walk there 1st by why can't I drive

frack ... Skyrim gives you horses, and you still get Random encounters

a little Fusion Flea Surpreme

BOP

How many people play one of these types of games and do NOT fast travel? Unless you're really working at it, I'd say that virtually everyone fast travels at some point or another in these games. Oh, and having a vehicle in F2 did not prevent you from having random encounters; it just got you to them a little quicker.

Personally, I want more places I can choose to call my own. F3 was on the right track, FNV gave you quite a few choices, as did Skyrim, although Oblivion was pretty chintzy, for the most part. Some of them were pretty good, but some were downright lame.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How many people play one of these types of games and do NOT fast travel? Unless you're really working at it, I'd say that virtually everyone fast travels at some point or another in these games. Oh, and having a vehicle in F2 did not prevent you from having random encounters; it just got you to them a little quicker.

Personally, I want more places I can choose to call my own. F3 was on the right track, FNV gave you quite a few choices, as did Skyrim, although Oblivion was pretty chintzy, for the most part. Some of them were pretty good, but some were downright lame.

Indeed, multiple houses is great ... the quickest to get to was my place in the Big MT ... I hated Megaton, sure you fast travel to the town, but then there is a 5 min walk to the 'house'
..... sure you can fast travel back to X ... but why not have a place at A, B and C

BOP

November 2015!

Been watching some of the promos from E3....I guess I know what I'll be doing for the rest of my life if it lives up to the hype. Now the big decision is: preorder (really tempting) or wait until GOTY.

Oh, and console or PC? If either, I have to buy new equipment. With the PC, I'm mainly looking at mods down the road (and retrograding other games).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Now the big decision is: preorder (really tempting) or wait until GOTY.

Oh, and console or PC? If either, I have to buy new equipment. With the PC, I'm mainly looking at mods down the road (and retrograding other games).

it all depends on the 'bonuses' offered ... for Fallout NV there were 4 different pre-order deals each with its own bonuses ....

Amazon
Game Stop
Best Buy
Steam

I bought all 4 ..... I also ordered the Collectors Edition [yeah I am that big of a Fallout Fan]

I replaced my Gaming Computer last yr with Top Shelf Hardware, so I an G2G for another 4 yrs
..... I got 5 out of my last system, after losing the Network Port and finally the Video Card died.

is there is a Steam 'Season Pass' like Borderlands and Watchdogs I might get that .... rather than having to purchase the DLC Seperately

I also get the Game Guide ..

BOP

I'll probably still skip the Pip Boy edition. The app is still going to be available, so no worries about 2nd screen.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'll probably still skip the Pip Boy edition. The app is still going to be available, so no worries about 2nd screen.

:yay:

I took it out of the box, looked at it and back in the box it went .... I have been playing the Steam Ed.

that mini Nuke Anthology looks great as well - on my shelf

BOP

I've been playing the hell out of it. I've noticed one early glitch, which is the Minutemen folks are supposed to follow you to Sanctuary, but they don't. They just remain in the museum in Concord (?) and talk about going.

BOP

From what I've seen, it's everything but co-op...for now. That big a game world almost demands co-op at a minimum.

Back to my original thought, I've been around the Commonwealth enough now to say that co-op in this game would be so frickin' awesome. At the very least, it gives you someone to help you haul crap and to watch your back without bumping into you or walking in front of you at every contact. I don't know how many times I've shot Paladin Danse, but it's a good thing he's unkillable. I lined up on a Legendary Raider last night for a head shot with a silenced .50 cal sniper rifle, and just as I pulled the trigger, guess who walked in front of my and took the shot to the leg.

Idiot.

That ended up with me almost getting killed because of that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That ended up with me almost getting killed because of that.

indeed ...
... I have almost 100 hours in if I haven't broken it already

I have repeatedly shot Curie in the head [yes that is a bit of a spoiler] because she won't quite rushing ahead once an encounter kicks off

there are a couple videos on-line of people trying to disarm the Jamaica Plain Treasure Cache laser grid, only to have their companions wander into the grid
one was Dogmeat, the others was Nick [I think]

BOP

indeed ...
... I have almost 100 hours in if I haven't broken it already

I have repeatedly shot Curie in the head [yes that is a bit of a spoiler] because she won't quite rushing ahead once an encounter kicks off

there are a couple videos on-line of people trying to disarm the Jamaica Plain Treasure Cache laser grid, only to have their companions wander into the grid
one was Dogmeat, the others was Nick [I think]

I happened to see a video about that, so I knew in advance, but I can totally see that. Plus, per the video, you can reset the grid and go back through and come out with a crap load of resources from dismantling the lasers.

The one I haven't figured out is that guy from Diamond City's meth lab. There's nothing there that I can see, and I can't disable the lasers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I happened to see a video about that, so I knew in advance, but I can totally see that. Plus, per the video, you can reset the grid and go back through and come out with a crap load of resources from dismantling the lasers.

The one I haven't figured out is that guy from Diamond City's meth lab. There's nothing there that I can see, and I can't disable the lasers.

apparently there is a note in the Ghouls pocket .... with the correct order
... otherwise just go across the roof and hack the terminal
I just made a deal with Cooke [taphouse bar tender], did the deal, shot everyone ... talked to the Ghoul Women
.... Cooke tried to kill her I gunned him down, raided the Meth Cookers
that brought its own problems as a witness ratted me to the local crime boss
.... he would have taken 2k caps, there is a speech check for 1k ... I just killed him later - I hate gangsters like him

BOP

My companions in this game suck. I mean, they suuuuuck! Oh, by this game, I mean I started over from just before you leave vault 111. I did the Minutemen quest, and everything went like it was supposed to, with the remaining people now at Sanctuary, camped out like welfare queens. All they did is complain..."we don't have any water...we don't have any beds...we don't have any food...." Damn, how about I wipe you all out? Ungrateful bastards.

So anyway, if the travel companions aren't trapping me in stairwells, or charging into combat when I'm trying to be all stealthy, or running into the line of fire, frickin' Garvey is like, "Oh, are you almost dead? I guess I could fire a few rounds in your general direction." At least Danse, as big a pain as he was over all to travel with, was pretty awesome in a firefight.