GoPro

lovinmaryland

Got one for Mother's Day. Does anyone have one and would like to offer advice on settings they like for photos' or videos?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What do you use that for and how is it different than just using your phone? For some reason I think I want one but I can't justify it.

lovinmaryland

What do you use that for and how is it different than just using your phone? For some reason I think I want one but I can't justify it.

I didn't know I wanted one either LOL My boys chipped in and bought it for me. Its supposed to take really good photos/videos. But there are a lot of settings and I'm not really savvy w/ a camera...I normally just point and shoot. You can take it underwater too.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I didn't know I wanted one either LOL My boys chipped in and bought it for me. Its supposed to take really good photos/videos. But there are a lot of settings and I'm not really savvy w/ a camera...I normally just point and shoot. You can take it underwater too.
we can figure this out!!!

b23hqb

PREMO Member

I'm not a techie or gadget geek, but they are pretty cool and can cost a few bucks. As far as needing a reason to justify buying anything, hey, this is still America, ya know. We don't need no stinking reasons.....

For most people's purposes, the cameras in their (premium) smartphones are plenty good enough.

GoPro cameras are better in a number of ways though. For instance their top line model now captures 4K video, which I don't think any smartphone is doing yet. And it captures 1080p video at 120 fps, which allows for high-res very slo-mo videos. They're purpose-built cameras with the result being that they're better at capturing images (even beyond the specs I just noted).

They're also more durable and better suited for various environments than smartphones are. They're marketed, in large part, to the active lifestyle. Adventurer? Into scuba diving, or rock climbing, or trail riding, or surfing? And want to record your adventures and share them with the world? We've got the camera for you.

You don't necessarily have to be Johnny Globetrotter to use their cameras of course. Their durability and better imaging, and the availability of various mount systems, probably make them desirable for a lot of people. It's just the question of whether their worth the extra $200 or $500.

lovinmaryland

we can figure this out!!!
I thought after reading the manual that would be the case but I'm still :confused: I can't believe how small this thing is!!
For most people's purposes, the cameras in their (premium) smartphones are plenty good enough.

GoPro cameras are better in a number of ways though. For instance their top line model now captures 4K video, which I don't think any smartphone is doing yet. And it captures 1080p video at 120 fps, which allows for high-res very slo-mo videos. They're purpose-built cameras with the result being that they're better at capturing images (even beyond the specs I just noted).

They're also more durable and better suited for various environments than smartphones are. They're marketed, in large part, to the active lifestyle. Adventurer? Into scuba diving, or rock climbing, or trail riding, or surfing? And want to record your adventures and share them with the world? We've got the camera for you.

You don't necessarily have to be Johnny Globetrotter to use their cameras of course. Their durability and better imaging, and the availability of various mount systems, probably make them desirable for a lot of people. It's just the question of whether their worth the extra $200 or $500.
Yes that is the one I have the Go Pro 4 black. Sounds like I should give it to you to set up for me! :love: :lmao:

I thought after reading the manual that would be the case but I'm still :confused: I can't believe how small this thing is!!

Yes that is the one I have the Go Pro 4 black. Sounds like I should give it to you to set up for me! :love: :lmao:

:smile:

I'd be trying to figure out how it worked, and what all the settings meant, just like you are. I'm not familiar with GoPro products from a usage standpoint. I'm familiar with them from a business standpoint - as in, hmmm, is that company worth investing in?

PeoplesElbow

:smile:

I'd be trying to figure out how it worked, and what all the settings meant, just like you are. I'm not familiar with GoPro products from a usage standpoint. I'm familiar with them from a business standpoint - as in, hmmm, is that company worth investing in?

You missed the boat already on that. Read up on how the founders dumped stock that they were technically not able to sell yet, they found a great loophole for a reason.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
First, you need to purchase a couple hundred $$'s in accessories.

Then, you need an extremely large curved ultra-sharp television.

Next, you have to take up sky-diving, ultra-surfing, and (eventually) free-climbing the Half-Dome.

[video=youtube;leCAy1v1fnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leCAy1v1fnI[/video]

Once you've accomplished all that, your kids can program the GoPro for you.

Mine sits staring at me on the desktop asking why we can't go outside once for a while. I wonder if the battery is still charged up.

Hannibal

Just saw this so it's a bit late. Have had one for a couple of years (so it's an earlier version). I am not very technoligically proficient but I had little trouble setting it up by simply following the directions. it gives you the various option settings and tells you the advantages of each (and which settings are best for particular applications).

I found searching Youtube gives you great ideas as to how you can use it. I've taken it deer hunting (and can attach it to my bow). I've also used it as a secondary camera (mounted to my stand) after buying a better setup for mounting on my bow. Adds great perspective. I've attached it to the bow of my boat which allowed me to record some pretty cool film of navigating the waters and bowfishing. You can even mount them to the side of your car (which works great for those into the racing scene). Haven't tried it but I've seen some videos of people attaching them to their dogs. Some pretty interesting videos to be seen. It's an interesting device with lots of possibilities.