Is this a bee?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I have a stump that's overturned and a bunch of these live in the exposed mud. They go in and out the holes they've burrowed, and didn't seem to mind when I sprayed them with Wasp, yellow jacket & bee killer.

:shrug:

Attachments

• 2015-06-07 19.55.37.jpg
    2015-06-07 19.55.37.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 565
R

rhenderson

Yes. Those are bees. I've heard them referred as "ground bees" but I believe they are a variety of bumble bee.

Beta

Smile!
Thanks' they weren't aggressive. Do you know if they can sting.

I was stung by a ground bee last year when I was digging in a flower bed, and luckily I hauled ass after the first sting because a swarm of them came out to greet me that I barely missed. There are definitely stingy ####ers that live in the ground. It actually may be a wasp with a bee name, I forget. Either way, be wary.

If you want to kill them, the water w/ dish detergent seems to do the trick.

Beta

Smile!
I know what they are, I'm a germaphope, but how do I use them to kill the bee's? I want them gone not just cleaned up & ready for a night on the town.

:dance:

Take some water, mix in dish detergent, then pour it on the area where you see them coming up from the ground. And then I'd suggest running...just in case. :lmao:

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Take some water, mix in dish detergent, then pour it on the area where you see them coming up from the ground. And then I'd suggest running...just in case. :lmao:

I'm going to do this.

:yay:

Should I bring my EpiPen?

Jeter3000

Pour gasoline into the nest at dusk, then run like hell. Instant death to them. Disclaimer: Smoking is not recommended during this time.:faint:

Beta

Smile!
Pour gasoline into the nest at dusk, then run like hell. Instant death to them. Disclaimer: Smoking is not recommended during this time.:faint:

Great way to destroy the area for future growth. That works, but then you have a ton of gas and you can't really grow anything there again (granted if it's in the woods that shouldn't bother you, but if it's in your yard then it might). OBTW, water/detergent is cheaper and safer. Why waste money on gas when there's an alternate solution?

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Have a hat that you can throw if they start swarming you, they will go for the movement and then you can exit stage left/right.

Vince

Thanks' they weren't aggressive. Do you know if they can sting.
You're lucky, they usually are very aggressive. My neighbor got stung about 10 times when he hit a spot in his lawn with the mower. But then about a month ago I was golfing at Chesapeake hills and there were a bunch of those holes in the ground with bees. They didn't seem to give a crap if I played through. :shrug: Played there yesterday and they got rid of the bees.

Misfit

Lawful neutral

I’ve you were still my neighbor you wouldn’t be telling me this. :jet:

:teamyankees:

Beta

Smile!
Have a hat that you can throw if they start swarming you, they will go for the movement and then you can exit stage left/right.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't realize that. I'll keep that in mind next time.

You're lucky, they usually are very aggressive. My neighbor got stung about 10 times when he hit a spot in his lawn with the mower. But then about a month ago I was golfing at Chesapeake hills and there were a bunch of those holes in the ground with bees. They didn't seem to give a crap if I played through. :shrug: Played there yesterday and they got rid of the bees.

Must be different variants. :shrug: