McKays CH

KDENISE977

Wow, just came from there. What a ZOO !!! I could tell prices were lower this weekend, which is great !!! They are a mess but it looks like it's going to be a lot nicer!!!

KDENISE977

Are they remodeling?

Remodeling and got a new supplier, prices are cheaper :yay: There were literally 100 workers moving stuff yesterday. they said it should be finished this evening sometime.

Edit: NO I don't work there. I just seem to be there about 4 times a week getting groceries and things

lovinmaryland

Remodeling and got a new supplier, prices are cheaper :yay: There were literally 100 workers moving stuff yesterday. they said it should be finished this evening sometime.

Edit: NO I don't work there. I just seem to be there about 4 times a week getting groceries and things

Ugh I am not a fan of the new supplier...prices are cheaper but so is the quality. I used to be able to buy the store brand stuff (shurfine) and it was close to name brand. Not now. I've bought about 10 different things now and they all were horrible.

I think they got a new meat supplier too because they've had some REALLY good prices on certain things (ground beef, ribs, etc...) but again you get what you pay for. The ground beef is 75/25 which is awful :dead: and the ribs weren't meaty at all.

shame because I used to get most of my meats from them. Guess I'll have to start heading to nicks/Costco twice a month now :ohwell:

KDENISE977

Ugh I am not a fan of the new supplier...prices are cheaper but so is the quality. I used to be able to buy the store brand stuff (shurfine) and it was close to name brand. Not now. I've bought about 10 different things now and they all were horrible. I think they got a new meat supplier too because they've had some REALLY good prices on certain things (ground beef, ribs, etc...) but again you get what you pay for. The ground beef is 75/25 which is awful :dead: and the ribs weren't meaty at all. shame because I used to get most of my meats from them. Guess I'll have to start heading to nicks/Costco twice a month now :ohwell:
nooooo. Don't tell me that :mad: I used to go their FOR meats , well that and the produce. Everything else was too expensive compared to Food Lion

lovinmaryland

nooooo. Don't tell me that :mad: I used to go their FOR meats , well that and the produce. Everything else was too expensive compared to Food Lion

yup sorry. They had ground beef for sale in their ad $2.49 or something a pound...They suckered me in...sure enough I got there and its 75/25 the 80/20 was $4.99 a pound. I wasn't stopping at another store so I just bit the big one and got the 80/20 They had baby back ribs on sale for $1.50 a pound which is like CRAZY cheap so I went to the butcher and was like whats the deal w/ these why are they this cheap :eyebrow: He said "oh we over bought so management lowered the price" So I bought a couple packs...you guessed it they shriveled up. It was like 90% bone 10% meat and gristle.

KDENISE977

yup sorry. They had ground beef for sale in their ad $2.49 or something a pound...They suckered me in...sure enough I got there and its 75/25 the 80/20 was $4.99 a pound. I wasn't stopping at another store so I just bit the big one and got the 80/20 They had baby back ribs on sale for $1.50 a pound which is like CRAZY cheap so I went to the butcher and was like whats the deal w/ these why are they this cheap :eyebrow: He said "oh we over bought so management lowered the price" So I bought a couple packs...you guessed it they shriveled up. It was like 90% bone 10% meat and gristle.

:ohwell: Oh man... that sucks because Food Lion meat is rancid. I really didn't want to drive all the way to Nicks in PF. This was like the only bonus for them. I did see they also had more "ready" made food. Which is nice in a pinch....there, I'll try and bright side this thing one way or another :lol: