USS Gabriel Giffords

b23hqb

PREMO Member
So, if no keel, it would be considered spineless? How appropriate that the USS Barry O would be constructed in such a manner!

And with the Michelle in charge of the galley, it could only sail in a salt-free environment.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Only sails in circles, heeling to the port at all times.

Well stated geographically, and with the homeport also the hometown. Brilliant! Only in the obama's Amerika!:clap:

And always within a short ride to the quality golf courses of Chicagoland.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Really? No USS George Washington? Lincoln? No MOH winners?

Nope.

I read a book about Iwo a LONG time ago and it had a list in the back of honor awards and why they got it. 100's of men were given posthumous trinkets for jumping on grenades, sacrificing their lives for their mates. That moment belongs to the men they saved and a name on a boat, #1, there isn't enough of them and, #2, the idea of ranking that sort of thing, this size boat for this guy, that size for the other, to me, rather trivializes the whole thing. That's just Iwo. What about Okinawa? Tarawa? Actions on board we've never read or heard about? Our duty as citizens is, it seems to me, not about this sort of thing but about see their sacrifice was worth it. I think we did that post WWII. We have not done it since.

The way to honor a solider is to see to it that his life is not wasted.

glhs837

Power with Control
Nope.

I read a book about Iwo a LONG time ago and it had a list in the back of honor awards and why they got it. 100's of men were given posthumous trinkets for jumping on grenades, sacrificing their lives for their mates. That moment belongs to the men they saved and a name on a boat, #1, there isn't enough of them and, #2, the idea of ranking that sort of thing, this size boat for this guy, that size for the other, to me, rather trivializes the whole thing. That's just Iwo. What about Okinawa? Tarawa? Actions on board we've never read or heard about? Our duty as citizens is, it seems to me, not about this sort of thing but about see their sacrifice was worth it. I think we did that post WWII. We have not done it since.

The way to honor a solider is to see to it that his life is not wasted.

Exactly. You know your life might have to be spent, but that coin should buy something.