Construction on 235 in California

Brocktune

Does anyone know the timeline for the repaving on 235? It took me almost 40 minutes to go about 3 miles today. I thought there would be something on the county website, but I can't find anything.

glhs837

Power with Control
Speaking as a rider I think the sweep up could be a bit better, a bit too much loose crap laying around. I also don't like the large vertical cut between one lane and the others. Pretty large for a bike to negotiate at need.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I wonder if they are supposed to continue that through the 235 & St. Andrews Church Rd intersection? I occasionally have to make the U-turn from N. Bound 235 to go back South (near the Wildwood apt entrance). That takes forever and it feel like you're playing a game of chicken.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Speaking as a rider I think the sweep up could be a bit better, a bit too much loose crap laying around. I also don't like the large vertical cut between one lane and the others. Pretty large for a bike to negotiate at need.

There has been one accident already.

glhs837

Power with Control
There has been one accident already.

So I heard a week or so ago. I don't know them, but friends of theirs told me about it. I initially, upon hearing about it, questioned the amount of responsibility to be placed on the rider, but after riding and driving that stretch, I went back on my initial thoughts. I went from, "Hmmmm, any reasonably proficient rider should be able to negotiate a surface height difference", to "Yeah, think I can do that, maybe, if it was that or eat a bumper, but no way hell would I try that for anything less." Were I riding say a KLR, it might be different, but I don't. And on a dresser, awhellno.

sm8

I need to remember if I ever go south to go down 5. The worst part was no body here knows how to merge for what ever reason (I know that is a different rant that has been covered many times) so when it went back to two lanes after everyone was merged together just to go back down to one lane just a little ways down the road made absolutely no sense. YES!!! Kind of like my run on sentence but the day has been too long and my sleep too little to fix it.

SD1492

From my understanding I heard there is 3 different construction crews working on different parts of the road. And none of them know how to talk to the other so there is all kinds of confusion.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Right now I would call what's going on, DESTRUCTION, not construction. We have nothing but milled roads with drop offs and loose stones.
BTW, in the rain, good like finding the lanes at night.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
From my understanding I heard there is 3 different construction crews working on different parts of the road. And none of them know how to talk to the other so there is all kinds of confusion.

I agree. It's hard to determine exactly which lane you should be in or when the merging ends. Totally ridiculous.

bulldog

I don't give a rat's azz how much more it costs, this kind of work should only go on at night, leaving the only major road north/south open during the day.

Friggin idiots.

sparkyaclown

I don't give a rat's azz how much more it costs, this kind of work should only go on at night, leaving the only major road north/south open during the day.

Friggin idiots.

For some reason they could afford to do 235 in Hollywood at night just a year or so ago. I can't understand why it's okay to do a higher traffic area during the day now.

Well, kinda, sorta

I am totally confused by the repaving south of Wildewood Blvd. I could swear that we lived through this same crap just a year ago.

What they did a year ago Bernie, was go along and fill all the cracks with tar. Not only is that a complete waste of time and material, it looked like crap! What I can't understand is why they insist on grinding up both lanes and shoulders at the same time, and then taking a week to start the repaving!

Brocktune

There was an article in the Enterprise yesterday that said two more weeks. The guy they quoted blamed the weather, saying they got rained out 3 days last week and the two week estimate was dependent on good weather. They do seem to be making progress with the paving now. It has been a true exercise in frustration.

CRHS89

Heading north on 235 last night around Wildewood just after the storm...had to play eenie meenie minie mo on which set of lines to follow. That was ridiculous.

BernieP

Resident PIA
What they did a year ago Bernie, was go along and fill all the cracks with tar. Not only is that a complete waste of time and material, it looked like crap! What I can't understand is why they insist on grinding up both lanes and shoulders at the same time, and then taking a week to start the repaving!

a week? LOL
Could be a lot longer if the weather pattern doesn't break.

I could swear it wasn't that long ago when they added the third south bound lane - :confused: