#PopeinDC

onel0126

Bead mumbler
As usual, all invited. The Archdiocese of Washington's newly consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Mario Dorsonville will give a talk at the Theology on Tap series at the Greene Turtle in LaPlata entitled "Walking With Francis." He will also be giving details about the Papal visit to Washington in September. dorsonville.jpg

b23hqb

PREMO Member
As usual, all invited. The Archdiocese of Washington's newly consecrated Auxiliary Bishop Mario Dorsonville will give a talk at the Theology on Tap series at the Greene Turtle in LaPlata entitled "Walking With Francis." He will also be giving details about the Papal visit to Washington in September. View attachment 108617

Would walking with Francis be equal to walking the footsteps of Christ in Jerusalem, Galilee, and Judea? They are both infallible, right? Seeing that Peter, your "founder" of your church, walked nearly ever step of the way with Jesus, and the pope "lawfully" ascends from Peter onward, what say ye?

Please don't give me the "pope is only infallible and sinless from the papal pulpit, but is fallible from outside that context" doctrine. Can't have it both ways, unless the pope has his own bi-polar or triune capability.

Still, it would be cool to see the show.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Would walking with Francis be equal to walking the footsteps of Christ in Jerusalem, Galilee, and Judea? They are both infallible, right? Seeing that Peter, your "founder" of your church, walked nearly ever step of the way with Jesus, and the pope "lawfully" ascends from Peter onward, what say ye? Please don't give me the "pope is only infallible and sinless from the papal pulpit, but is fallible from outside that context" doctrine. Can't have it both ways, unless the pope has his own bi-polar or triune capability. Still, it would be cool to see the show.
Your logic above speaks volumes to your lack of a formal education. To make you feel better I'm going to show you some Christian love and give you your own hashtag, #doucheinflorida. Go call Larry Keffer--he's already advertising for help to do disruptive anti-Catholic street evangelization during the Papal visit in the Fall in Washington, Philly, and NY. Right up your alley. http://youtu.be/f3aL4ms9GAw

Last edited:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Your logic above speaks volumes to your lack of a formal education. To make you feel better I'm going to show you some Christian love and give you your own hashtag, #doucheinflorida. Go call Larry Keffer--he's already advertising for help to do disruptive anti-Catholic street evangelization during the Papal visit in the Fall in Washington, Philly, and NY. Right up your alley. http://youtu.be/f3aL4ms9GAw

Ah, the love and kindness that just oozes from you, onel.:huggy:

You are also very paranoid, and a hoot! Now, with your tremendous formal education, would following in the footsteps of old Francis in DC be akin (spiritually, emotionally, for whatever reason you would want to, for you and all other good catholics), as following the footsteps of Jesus in the Holy land? A simple question, really. Could you possibly lower yourself to answer it honestly?

It would be cool to see the show and parade, and for you to think that every non-catholic that would see it would just be there to disrupt it displays stupidity, ignorance, and a real inferiority complex on your part. Shame on you.

What say ye, onel? This is for you.:buddies:

onel0126

Bead mumbler
It would be cool to see the show and parade, and for you to think that every non-catholic that would see it would just be there to disrupt it displays stupidity, ignorance, and a real inferiority complex on your part. Shame on you. What say ye, onel? This is for you.:buddies:

Why would a Protestant of your ilk go to see the show as you call it? Wouldn't that be idolatry? I'm serious.

onel0126

Bead mumbler
Now, with your tremendous formal education, would following in the footsteps of old Francis in DC be akin (spiritually, emotionally, for whatever reason you would want to, for you and all other good catholics), as following the footsteps of Jesus in the Holy land? A simple question, really.

I don't want to speak for the Bishop who chose the topic, but I can almost guarantee that the title doesn't refer to his DC trip. While he will discuss details of the visit, I think the title perhaps refers to Francis' unique style of evangelization.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Why would a Protestant of your ilk go to see the show as you call it? Wouldn't that be idolatry? I'm serious.

Not idolatry at all. That only comes from those that worship idols. To me, it would just be historical to maybe get close enough to visually see the pope and the popemobile. I went up to DC on May 7 just to see the historical WWII aircraft fly over the mall on VE Day 70th anniversary. I am a history buff and history is what I studied and received my BA in graduate school - USF.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't want to speak for the Bishop who chose the topic, but I can almost guarantee that the title doesn't refer to his DC trip. While he will discuss details of the visit, I think the title perhaps refers to Francis' unique style of evangelization.

Could be. Could also be meant to get the flock back in line with the pope himself, but I see that as becoming more and more difficult the further left/liberal/progressive he goes. We have the same issues on the Protestant side.