Auto Repair Shops in Calvert?

Smith

I just found out LDG Automotive has closed. I do most of the repairs and maintenance on my cars, but I have used LDG in the past for some issues I prefer not to deal with. Any recommendations?

squidword

I just found out LDG Automotive has closed. I do most of the repairs and maintenance on my cars, but I have used LDG in the past for some issues I prefer not to deal with. Any recommendations?

just dont go to art's automotive he is a crook!

Forkian

Just stay away from Mr. Tire in PF. They were very dishonest and broke more things on the car than they were supposed to fix. By far the most unprofessional bunch of goons that I have ever seen assembled in one repair shop.

Smith

Thanks for all the recommendations. For all you Larry's fans, I could not find a website for Larry's, although I did come across several good reviews. So I checked out the Google street view, and it looks like an old grease-monkey type garage that were more common 20+ years ago, and many of the cars in the parking lot look to be from that same era.
Link to street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.411...m4!1sWJO_P3rI1k9nKsN30KiFPA!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Is there even a waiting room? There doesn't appear to be much room for one.

Forkian

Thanks for all the recommendations. For all you Larry's fans, I could not find a website for Larry's, although I did come across several good reviews. So I checked out the Google street view, and it looks like an old grease-monkey type garage that were more common 20+ years ago, and many of the cars in the parking lot look to be from that same era.
Link to street view: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.411...m4!1sWJO_P3rI1k9nKsN30KiFPA!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

Looks fine to me. Are you wanting your car fixed or a pedicure?

Grumpy

You remind me of the long lost Sleuth. :lol:

frequentflier

happy to be living
We have taken vehicles to Larry's and always been happy. I can't imagine taking any of our three vehicles to anyone else, :shrug:

Smith

Looks fine to me. Are you wanting your car fixed or a pedicure?

I'll pass on the pedicure, but thanks for the offer. I'm looking for a shop that is clean, reputable, and some place I can feel good about sending my wife or daughter.

BOP

There's a place called Granado's off Cove Point Road, by the self-storage/U-haul. Don't know anything about them, but at least they're not Big Papa's, or whatever it was called.

Roman

Who cares about the "LOOKS" of the place? No there is not a waiting room, but the guy is honest, and does great work. What more can you ask for? I am a woman, and I don't feel uncomfortable there in the least. It's the high-end kind of places that will nickel and dime you. Want to pay for looks of a place, or a good job?

calvcopf

Who cares about the "LOOKS" of the place? No there is not a waiting room, but the guy is honest, and does great work. What more can you ask for? I am a woman, and I don't feel uncomfortable there in the least. It's the high-end kind of places that will nickel and dime you. Want to pay for looks of a place, or a good job?
:yeahthat: :yay:

intertidal

I'll pass on the pedicure, but thanks for the offer. I'm looking for a shop that is clean, reputable, and some place I can feel good about sending my wife or daughter.

Both my wife and daughter have gone to Larry's when they have something that is beyond my ability or desire to repair. They like him because he is fair, honest and clearly explains things to them. If it is something that could be done while I'm in a waiting room, then I could just do it myself.

BTW, this shop was a community fixture in the 70's and 80's when it was Richard Greene's garage - and painted all green. Richard was also very honest and really, so inexpensive that I wondered how he made any money. Then it became Frank's, and now Larry's. We have had good service from Larry going back to when he worked at the Gulf station shop at the corner of Dowell Road nearly 20 years ago.

If Prince Frederick is more convenient, then I also trust John Huntzberry. His shop is located behind the Mr. Tire (route 4 south).