Internet Based Home Delivery Services

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Following up on an observation my LW made about these home delivery services and how many there seems to be. We use Hello Fresh hellofresh.com for meals sometimes and we love it. It has expanded my palate by combining flavors I would not normally dare to mix. We place our order based on the menu options, decide on a delivery date and enjoy when it gets here. I know that there is Birch Box and Ipsy for cosmetics and who knows what else.

Do you use any of these services and which ones?
Is this the second wave of internet based services that powered the beginning of e-commerce during the 90's?

acommondisaster

We also use HelloFresh. Not much I can add, other than we have it delivered nearly every week. No complaints except for the one week I forgot to check the choices and we wound up with tilapia, which I won't eat. Love the fresh veggies and herbs; and you're right - there are so many things I wouldn't have combined or thought of eating, but after 18 weeks of 3 meals a week, I think there were 3 (other than the tilapia) that we weren't happy with. Not a bad record.

My favorite part is not having to go to the grocery store or decide what's for dinner.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I have a box delivery addiction. I love love love to try new things and this is an awesome way to do it.

I use Blue Apron for meals. Mainly because I can pick my meals from their offerings for the week, and have the option to go vegetarian or pescatarian, which some of the other meal plans didn't offer.

I use Bark Box for the dogs. I also occasionally get them a Reggie Box from Woofipedia.

I did use BirchBox and was always meh about it so now I'm trying Ipsy and love it.

I used to get an igourmet monthly box and it was hit and miss. For the price I want nicer things than dried pasta noodles.

I used to get a monthly LootCrate. It was perfect for the nerd/geek/gamer, but if you weren't into that month's theme, then the goodies were cool but :ohwell:

I did a Graze box for a well, and at first it was great. Little healthy snacks, perfect sized for me and very affordable, and then it got boring. I kept getting the same things over and over, even after I rated them poorly.

I also tried an essential oil of the month club, but that wound up being a hot mess. My money was refunded.

I also did a toy of the month from DoggyLoot, which I have no complaints about, but once I realized I had way too many dog toys, I canceled.

There's more I've tried, and that didn't work out, but I can't remember them right now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I get Birchbox and Ipsy, plus one called Try the World: every two months you get a box with 6-8 products in it, either full size or at least very generous, according to that month's theme country.

I love subscription boxes!

H

Hodr

I just signed up for the HelloFresh service, been looking for an excuse to learn to cook a greater variety of foods.

Wish someone had mentioned the referral program, you could have made $20 by my signing up.