NAS Gate 1 at 0445

RetiredCPO

Public service announcement people, the second entry lane at NAS Gate 1 does not open until 0500 and has been that way for as long as I know.
Guess there are a few individuals who either don't know this or just don't give a crap about the rest of us who have been patiently waiting in a single file line.
I'm all about being courteous, but not with people who I know damn well are aware of the time and think their special, especially when it's not even close to 0500.

I've vented, and yes, I feel better.

DynaDink

My fav is the dickheads that hold up traffic while waiting to cut in line to get in the bridge lane on 235 in the afternoon.

FED_UP

Public service announcement people, the second entry lane at NAS Gate 1 does not open until 0500 and has been that way for as long as I know.
Guess there are a few individuals who either don't know this or just don't give a crap about the rest of us who have been patiently waiting in a single file line.
I'm all about being courteous, but not with people who I know damn well are aware of the time and think their special, especially when it's not even close to 0500.

I've vented, and yes, I feel better.

My clock in the car does not work. Sometimes a nice guard will open the other lane early. I am running late. There were too many cars stacked up in the inner left turn lane which might make me get stuck at the light. If you don't want to play nice and let me in there is always another polite sucker who will.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My fav is the dickheads that hold up traffic while waiting to cut in line to get in the bridge lane on 235 in the afternoon.

I honk the horn at them. They usually move along and have to go and hang a U-turn to get back in another line.

NTNG

My favorite is the folks who after crossing 235 off of Pegg road to enter the base, stop and allow folks to merge in from 235 North. They cause people behind them to have to stop while still crossing 235.
Yes, the intersection was open when I entered it, before someone asks or comments.

FED_UP

My favorite is the folks who after crossing 235 off of Pegg road to enter the base, stop and allow folks to merge in from 235 North. They cause people behind them to have to stop while still crossing 235.
Yes, the intersection was open when I entered it, before someone asks or comments.

Yea, that is a stupid polite thing to do.

thrash

Just know that there are certain businesses along that road that are inaccessible from the south/east without hanging a u-turn and immediately attempting to squeeze into an un-moving line. Some people are employed at those businesses, and those who work at restaurants (most employees come in around 4 PM) are especially vulnerable. I have to literally plead with people in the next lane to just let me in. I've had people mouth "no" and flick me off. They think I'm trying to cut in front of them. I'm heading towards the very last shopping center before the bridge, and I come from Calvert. I don't have a choice-- I need to get in there, fast. So sorry for holding up the second-to-right-hand lane so frequently... do you suggest I drive up the street, wait for a U-turn, and repeat the process until 6:30? I think this is one of the biggest traffic issues-- the lack of separation between thru and business traffic, besides haphazard planning as far as business access goes.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Sounds like a better plan would be to cross 235 at the light, turn left on FDR, take First Colony, then follow the access road to Settlers Lane. This way you have a light to help control the #######s that won't let you into the flow.

PeoplesElbow

Happens constantly at gate 2 in the morning. What really chaps my ass is they are letting in the people that passed up gate 2 and hung a fairly unsafe U-Turn at the credit union.

PeoplesElbow

Just know that there are certain businesses along that road that are inaccessible from the south/east without hanging a u-turn and immediately attempting to squeeze into an un-moving line. Some people are employed at those businesses, and those who work at restaurants (most employees come in around 4 PM) are especially vulnerable. I have to literally plead with people in the next lane to just let me in. I've had people mouth "no" and flick me off. They think I'm trying to cut in front of them. I'm heading towards the very last shopping center before the bridge, and I come from Calvert. I don't have a choice-- I need to get in there, fast. So sorry for holding up the second-to-right-hand lane so frequently... do you suggest I drive up the street, wait for a U-turn, and repeat the process until 6:30? I think this is one of the biggest traffic issues-- the lack of separation between thru and business traffic, besides haphazard planning as far as business access goes.

That place should be connected to the road behind Cracker Barrel/Red Robin etc, that was very poor design.

SG_Player1974

If you don't want to place nice and let me in there is always another polite sucker who will.

The sad part is that this is oh so true. There is ALWAYS some idiot that is too slow checking their cell phone or just plain dumb enough to reward these pricks that they keep doing it day after day!

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
Seems to be a lot of jerk drivers on the way to the base almost every morning. I had a CPO the other day lay down on his horn on me because I was trying to get over from the center lane to the left lane. I normally get in the left lane all the way from Maple to the base, but there was a big truck trying to do a U turn at the Esperanza intersection, so I moved to the center lane. Anywho..I safely put my signal on and merged left into the far right lane turning into Gate 1; looked in my rear view mirror, saw a white truck a safe distance back in the far left lane and with my signal on, moved to the left lane. Didn't realize this CPO felt that the left lane was his personal drag strip lane, because he sped up and layed on the horn. Once thru the gate as he was turning into NAVAIR Headquarters, he cussed me out. I work there too and was hoping to run into him on his walk in.

RetiredCPO

My clock in the car does not work. Sometimes a nice guard will open the other lane early. I am running late. There were too many cars stacked up in the inner left turn lane which might make me get stuck at the light. If you don't want to place nice and let me in there is always another polite sucker who will.

You just confirmed what I was talking about, the only excuse is you don't give a crap about anyone else.

RetiredCPO

Had another one this morning... new F-150, started in the right-left turn lane at the light.. cut someone off behind me to get over into the left lane after turning into the base... that line was too long.. so he got back over in the right lane to try and pass as many people as he could only to cut someone else off to get back left... And yes, I was a a-hole, I blocked both lanes so he could get past the rest of us waiting in line...

RetiredCPO

Not once, but twice already this week and it's only Tuesday.
The same guy driving what I believe he thinks is a hotrod silver SRT-8 Jeep SUV has blown by everyone waiting in line at the light at about 0445.
After making the turn, he accelerates to at least 50-55 and it's a drag race to the gate... hope he doesn't wreck or hurt someone...

SG_Player1974

The same guy driving what I believe he thinks is a hotrod silver SRT-8 Jeep SUV has blown by everyone waiting in line at the light at about 0445.
After making the turn, he accelerates to at least 50-55 and it's a drag race to the gate... hope he doesn't wreck or hurt someone...

And he will keep doing it until someone proves otherwise...

glhs837

Power with Control

Then it's not the one in the back of 2185, that one's white. Although there might be a silver one up front. In either case I'm pretty sure it IS a hotrod :) The only one I ever got to drive was back in the weak old 425hp days, and that thing was amazing. Newer ones are up in the 470hp range. 0-60 in under 5 seconds gets a hot rod status in my book. I would never have imagined that many people would buy a +60K Jeep that gets under 10mpg. But honestly, if he's got the power to safely get in front of folks (NOTE the word SAFELY) I don't see where it's a problem. If he's using the power to cut folks off unsafely, that's different.