Monthly rate for metro station parking?

steppinthrax

I was told by someone that parking at the metro stations at a monthly rate is cheaper (85 for dunn loring station). But now I'm not finding this information anywhere!!!!

Anyone knows about this?

MDGator

I could be wrong but I believe that monthly rate is for the reserved parking places and is paid in addition to the daily rate.

steppinthrax

I could be wrong but I believe that monthly rate is for the reserved parking places and is paid in addition to the daily rate.

Yes, this is what I'm seeing. There is a monthly rate for reserved parking. I don't care about the reserved parking!!!! I think there is a monthly rate for parking period. I remember seeing a few signs around dunn loring for 85 bucks. Now i'm not sure!

steppinthrax

Generally you won't find a deal where Metro loses money but you can park for free in the lot at Springfield Mall. I'm told it's a walk-able distance....http://living-in-washingtondc.com/wmata-franconiaspringfield-metro.php. Wait times at Franconia-Springfield can be long though...

Thanks. I'm actually coming from the Calvert county area. I see the large town center metro has a mall near it. I see one could easily park in the adjacent mall parking lot and walk through the path to the station????? Is this possible, in terms of not getting towed?????