Thread: Local cat rescue?

Exclamation Local cat rescue?

I have a friend going through a divorce who moved out of her house into an apartment. Her soon to be ex is threatening to either put their 14 year old, sick cat outside or euthanize him. She cannot have a cat where she lives. Is there a local cat rescue who will foster the cat and try to rehome him? She is worried sick about him. Thanks in advance.

Kerri

Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

I hate to sound cruel, but maybe humanely euthanizing the cat is the right thing to do. When you say sick, is it something treatable? Is the cat in any discomfort?
    A reply from you to this message will not be possible. I can't have an adult conversation w/ you in this environment anyhow.

"You croc wearing, fake coach bag wearing fake tanner you. Take that." ~ Author unknown

"Love your haters - they're your biggest fans."

"You know you are absolutely f'ing amazing when people you don't even know hate you."

Quote Originally Posted by Chasey_Lane View Post
    I hate to sound cruel, but maybe humanely euthanizing the cat is the right thing to do. When you say sick, is it something treatable? Is the cat in any discomfort?
    And not just that but also the trauma of being stuffed in a foster cage until death as it would be very rare for a 14 year old sickly cat to be homed.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

I don't know how sick. Last time I saw the cat he seemed fine. I'm allergic, so I try to stay away. I think it's more a chronic thing that is treatable. I can find out more if that helps.

Friends of Felines Calvert County
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

Members who have read this thread: 1